Sims Deluxe Crashing

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by Simfan1313, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Simfan1313

Simfan1313 New Member

Sims Deluxe Crashing

I've tried almost every little solution to this thing. I wanted to know if the Simcop file thing would work. EA hasnt sent me my activation email yet. Every time my Deluxe game loads, it crashes right back to my desktop. Please help me ANYBODY!!
    :confused: :cool: :angry: PLEASE HELP!! IM SO FRUSTRATED. HOW COMES THE FIRST TWO TIMES IT WORKED AND THEN I INSTALLED SUPERSTAR AND THEN IT ALL WENT CRAZY. SUPERSTAR'S GRAPHICS WERE VERY DISTORTED. I NEED HELP!!

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

3. Simfan1313

Simfan1313 New Member

i have directx 8.0. my computer is running on windows xp, and i downloaded the simcop and the simenhancer 3d and nothing works for me. I dont know what's going on. Do u think if u buy a new Sims Deluxe that my crashing problem would be solved?

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

NO that would not solve anything at all.

I suggest reinstalling deluxe at the autorun prompt

5. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I don't have superstar, but i downloaded something to day and now can't even get the game to open up. I guess I'll have to take everything out and start over again. It happens to everyone once in a while. (exept Josh)

6. clwinchest21

clwinchest21 New Member

I had the SAME PROBLEM!!!

I got Superstar for Christmas several years ago, but soon realized that you have to have the Sims or the Sims Deluxe Edition to run Superstar. I finally decided to buy the deluxe edition when the price came down some and I installed it onto my computer. It worked wonderfully! One day, I decided to pull out the old Superstar game that I had never gotten the chance to run and when I tried to open the game, all of the graphics were distorted and the game itself would take big pauses between commands. The EA people said that was very odd and they couldn't figure it out, but now I can't even uninstall Superstar just to play the regular Deluxe Edition! If I try to, the game boots me back to my desktop after the loadscreen. If you get your problem solved, let me know how in the world to fix it, because it's annoying to have a good game and not even be able to play it! If anyone knows the answer to my problem, let me know. I've recently downloaded DirectX 9.0, but both games are supposed to be compatible with 7.0, so I know that's not the problem. Let me know if you can help! Thanks!

7. ckcross

ckcross New Member

Well seems like alot of people having trouble with the Sims I have the orginal Sims in a three pack called expansions. I install sims fine then i do Livin'Large Hotdate House party Vacation seems to be fine then i install Unleased and i even get to play it but once i close it down i cannot get it running a box comes up and says that ive installed a game after unleased and i havent then it says need to check something or it tells me the orginal sims isnt on my computer so i go look for it and it is but i have to reinstall it then i lose all my houses and people ive made this has happened to me alot and im not happy. I also update all my computer needs so i know its not that. Could someone pls help me as im at my witts end.

8. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It's difficult to help someone who hasn't posted their dxdiag so that we can see potential problems.