Sims Got Fingers!!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

During a party last night, I noticed my Sims having painted fingernails, even with my mediocre video card and low RAM. I was so happy, I snapped a pic to show off. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Funky dress. Is it downloaded?

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Yep, but do you think I remember where I downloaded it? NO. LMAO. I think Well Dressed Sims.

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Just as a follow up: I love the special event movies! I never got those before. I love trying stuff out to see if I get a movie. So far I've gotten "first woohoo" (very sweet), "first public woohoo" (not quite so sweet LOL), get engaged, get married, and have baby (actually, that was in my daughter's game ... )

And of course, move in. Oh, and college graduation party. That one is very fun.

The only one I don't like so much is "get engaged." I may disable it before my next sim gets engaged because I missed out on getting any pictures from it.

Can you view your movies afterwards? I'm guessing not, but I thought I'd check. I didn't find them under movies.

5. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Nope, but you can record them just like you would record regular gameplay, by pressing V. This may slow down the frame rate, though, depending on your video recording settings, RAM, and CPU.

6. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

If you start a video recording before the special event camera starts it will record it.

7. surprised_by_witches

Cool. Good to know. I'll do that from now on.

Too bad I missed Xena's wedding, but oh, well. There will be others ...

8. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

There's a movie with the first public woohoo and move in? I've never seen it...but I haven't had any of my sims have their first woohoo in public.

9. surprised_by_witches

Move in is just the taxi dropping them off and it pans in to your sim standing in front of their new house.

Public woohoo is only for hot tubs. It's pretty cute. I haven't tried Photobooth or Dressing Booth yet, but I assume you won't be able to see anything because you can't see anything now. You don't get a movie with woohoo in car.

10. person123

Oh, in the hottub. Yeah, I know what you mean. I didn't know that was considered public, though. Well, I guess it is when you're Downtown or something.

11. surprised_by_witches

Yes, only when you're in public, not at home, even though technically it is outside ... :D

12. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Hellloooooo, neighbors! ;) And some owning telescopes.

13. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

'Goodmorning, Mr Jones... my eyes! My eyes! Oh God, I'm blind!'

14. surprised_by_witches

LOL you guys. :p

Hey, speaking of hot tub woohoo I noticed that every time my sims have Love Tub love I get a movie, not just the first time.

Is this normal? I don't mind. It's very cute. I like seeing them "come to life" like that ... well, more to life than the sims allows, anyway. With the waggly eyebrows and all.

15. person123

It shows everytime a sim has hot tub woohoo with a different sim, or in a new hottub, I think. Like, if London woohooed Spike in a hottub at their house (do they have one?) and then woohooed him at a hottub downtown, I think the movie would show both times. Not sure, though.

16. surprised_by_witches

They have a love tub, of course ... can't afford the "real" thing but they have tons of aspiration points. They've maxxed out so many times I've lost track. I actually "buy" them things and delete them just to bring their point totals down again.

It isn't just every new time, though. I get one every time Porter and Xena use their new love tub, three times now ... and Spike and London wore their old love tub out (no lie) and I still got a video for them when they used theirs. I also got one for Ashley and Heather, even though they conceived their daughter in a love tub ...

My game has some weird quirks so I was wondering if this was yet another. Seems pretty harmless, though.

17. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Mine will do that from time to time as well. It does it in spurts. One night I had a couple who were "infertile", so I had them in the hot tub woo hooing over and over until I heard the "You've got baby!" chimes. I think the movie played 4 or 5 times in a row until I got them pregnant.

Then, other times, the movies will not play at all. :( I had a marathon play the other evening where several members of the family had birthdays, and not a single one had the "grow up" movie! This happens to me more now that NL is out. I sure do hope that Hubby and I can afford to get the computer upgraded or replaced before OFB ships.

18. surprised_by_witches

There's a grow up movie? I haven't gotten that at all. Is it only for certain ages?

19. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I love the new Avatar, dear. :) Very pretty. It sortof matches/clashes with mine, when we post back to back. LMAO.

Okay, answer to your question: Yes, there is a grow-up movie, and yes, I think it's for all ages, but it's only after they blow the candles out on their birthday cake.

20. surprised_by_witches

I've had two kids become teenagers now and nothing. :(

Strange ...

Oh, and thanks for the compliment. They're still my favorite couple.

Later: Got a grow-up movie for a teenager tonight. Must be a sporadic thing in my game for some reason.