Sims Got Fingers!!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Jan 12, 2006.

1. hannahc78

hannahc78 Sims 2 Rocker

My sims usually have fingers anyways...:confused:

2. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

When you don't have much video memory then you can only play the game on low settings. The lower the setting the less detail you get until you have paddles instead of fingers. SBW just got a new video card so she can play at a higher setting so now instead of paddle hands her sims have actual fingers.

Ruth

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yes, if you look at the first picture in the first post of this thread you can see she has club-like hands.

I didn't know they were even supposed to have individual fingers until I got the new card. I also finally got to see all the special event videos I'd been missing, among other benefits.

I love my new video card!

4. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Oh man I haven't seen any of the special event videos since installing nightlife. I guess I was just barely scrapeing by and that just put me over the top.

Since I need a new computer I've been shopping around and believe it or not Wal-Mart is one of the more expensive places! They have a computer with 512 memory and 80 gig harddrive for $798 but Best Buy and a couple of other places have one with 1 gig memory and 200 gig hard drive for around the same price. I was shocked!

Ruth

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I've learned to assemble my own. It's by far the best way to go.

I have a fairly respectable gaming machine as a result. I'm getting more RAM tomorrow by UPS and I could use a better processor, but my processor will do just fine for now.

Upgrading's the key to keeping up with this game. :rolleyes:

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I will second the Upgrade opinion. Plug and Play is where it's at. :) Now that Hubby finished upgrading ours, I'm soooo much happier with my game. I'm starting to look forward to OFB.

I still don't have my new stove or fridge, but my computer plays my Sims better. So, seems like a fair trade-off to me. ;)