Sims Vacation Trouble

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by FaeLuna, Sep 17, 2002.

1. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Sims Vacation Trouble

Hi everyone, I'm new and not sure I'm posting this in the right place, but I hope this is for tecnical troubles with the game and not technical troubles with this site. If it's for the site, oops sorry!!
    Here's my problem: I can't figure out what to do to unfreeze my two sims who went on vacation and are frozen kissing on the white bearskin rug in front of the fire in the hotel! It won't let either of them do a new action I tell them, and I cancelled the rug action so it's got an X on it but it won't go away. I exited the game and came back and they were still stuck. I tried to turn on move objects cheat but that didn't work, because it wasn't in build mode. I tried to get another family to go to the same vacation lot to maybe start an interaction and get them to move but it said a family is already on vacation there, pick another lot. I tried to go to that vacation lot in build mode but it said I can't do that with a family there. I tried going to the neighborhood lot and evicting the family to get them back, but it says you cannot evict a family on vacation. Now I can't use my family, I can't use that vacation lot, and I can't use the house lot in that neighborhood. What can I do to fix this? Has anyone else had this problem and been able to do anything?

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

You could delete the family file. But if you do so, you will loose the family.

However a minor disclaimer is that things won't work right after this. I'm moving this out of the support area to Sims General Discussion to see if anyone else has a solution to this problem

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I don't really want to lose my family, but I guess I'm willing to lose them if it gets me my vacation lot and neighborhood lot back! Thanks for moving my post to the right area. ^-^

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Well your post was in the right area. I just moved it here so that I can get a reaction from the general public.

The support center was configured so that you can get one on one support with a worldsims staffer however I never have encountered this problem. So I moved it here so that people who visit our forums could post their reactions and possible solutions to the problem

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

oh ok, I hope someone sees this who's dealt with this before! ^-^

6. reniusa

reniusa New Member

Not sure if you have already solved this problem, but Sims on a stick ( http://hrlnx.aem-east.com/slemmer/thenewsos/ ) has a "Buy Mode Enabler" for vacation. It is found on their web page uner "Objects" and then "Misc". Maybe then you could use the buy mode to delete the stuck sims.

I haven't tried this myself, so not sure. Maybe you get to be the guinea pig!! lol

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Hey, a buy mode in vacation sounds great to me even if it didn't fix it!! I just found out that my sims unfroze themselves when I installed Unleashed though!! It was such a shock!! I saw them walking around in another lot while I had another family in Old Town... and I also saw another couple I had still on Vacation Island, so I took my family home, and switched to the frozen couple, and there they were, able to get up from the bearskin rug!! Yippieee!!!!! :p

8. reniusa

reniusa New Member

That would be crazy!!! LOL

Wonder if they have a permanent "bear" smell to them.....heehee

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

well I had them take a bath... heeheeheee.... I'm glad they got unstuck... not sure they could BEAR it any longer!! hahahahahaha.... sorry, pun attack... I LOVE puns....