Troubleshooting sims wont start

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by dante-414, Sep 28, 2009.

1. dante-414

dante-414 New Member

sims wont start

I installed the Sims 2 that went OK when i start it the Sims 2 logo comes one and a couple minuets later a send error report message comes up and it closes please help.

2. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Hello dante,
    Please post your dxdiag report. :smile:

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

More than likely the computer you're using doesn't meet the minimum specs to run the game.
    Please post your dxdiag so we can tell whether it will or not.
    Laptop or desktop pc ?
    If you have Windows xp click the start button and right above the bottom of the preview pane you will see the word "run"
    Clcik it and type in dxdiag in the box and click ok.
    Let it run a bit (you'll see a green bar at the bottom fill up while it does this) and then when it's done click save all information and save it to the desktop.
    Right mouse click the file on your desktop and click send to "compressed (zipped) folder.
    Attach that to your reply under manage my attachments when you reply back .
    Use the post reply button and not the quick reply button please.
    If you're using Vista click search and then do the above process like I mentioned.

4. dante-414

dante-414 New Member

its a laptop.

Attached Files:

5. swmeek

No it doesn't meet minimum specs.
    I'm pretty sure the Pentium 3 is not supported as a cpu and the speed of it is far too low than it should be with Sims 3.
    Takes at least a 2GHZ cpu (yours is 1066MHZ ) and it calls for at least 1GB of ram with Windows xp (you only have 640 MB).
    So if you're wondering why it installed when your computer isn't up to par to run it it's because your computer isn't set up to recognize what you need to run the game.
    You're going to need to consider another computer (preferably a desktop) if you want to play this game with any decent gameplay.

6. dante-414

dante-414 New Member

It is the sims 2 not t3 anyway thanks for the help

7. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I'm sure she meant to say TS2, since your specs are too low for that as well. TS2 required an amazing amount of computing specs, and a P3 is not likely to have cut it even on a desktop. Of course, TS3 requires even more, but not by that much. Your laptop would be great for TS1, but not for either TS2 or TS3.

8. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Lol, you called Steve a woman... :rotfl:

9. swmeek

Of all the nerve ! :ducks: :rotfl:

10. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Sorry, Steve. It was a slip of the finger.

11. swmeek

That's okay Kat I make typos too! :rotfl: