Simtropolis – The dimensions of SimCity 4

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Judhudson, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Simtropolis – The dimensions of SimCity 4

I wish I had more time to dedicate to the lovely SimCity series.* I hadn’t touched the series ever since SimCity Societies came out, a game that would like to be forgotten by many fans.* Perhaps that is why SimCity 4 is still on store shelves…6+ years from it’s release.* That’s a heck of a long time for any game to still be on store shelves – yet I saw SimCity 4 Deluxe still being sold at my local GameStop, along with The SimCity Box. Soldyne over at Simtropolis posted an excellent read of why the game beats the test of time – because it’s not only a game, but a artistic tool used by many.

As a designer’s tool, SC4 offers users a way to create an architectural design and watch it come to life in a simulated environment.* The architect may see SC4 as an outlet for their creative skills in designing new buildings and as a way of seeing these designs “live” in relation to other creations in an organic simulation.* the designer is not as concerned with the rules or mechanics of the game as they are with taking their idea and seeing it come to life in a simulated world.* SC4 provides a creative outlet for all kinds of designers with variying levels of skill to ply their craft and expand their own horizons.

Share and Enjoy:

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]