Skool Starting

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by slimsim, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I suspect Josh is neither a middle-aged dude nor a teen. Based on a couple of posts to this thread I'd assume he's a college student, probably younger than my son.

By the way, my 28 year old son is headed to the Netherlands soon to work on a game project of some sort for Streamline Studios ( http://www.streamline-studios.com/index.html.) They do "out sourcing." Anybody around here from the Netherlands?

2. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

Mmm, Could a Mod split this where it got off topic.

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Do what you must. :rolleyes:

4. zydeco

zydeco New Member

How does a thread in "Offtopic Coffeehouse" get off topic? I assumed these were conversations. Those have a tendency to change course and meander. I can't imagine anyone searching for "skool" anyway. ;)

5. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Has anybody else noticed how many posts I have well... er.. posted? It seems like just yesterday I was trying to get 50 posts.

I guess this is down to all the four word story posts. And all the reply with four words posts. And all the guess who's next posts.

Cool! *thumbs up* :D

Go Team 203!!! Go Team babewithbrains!

6. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Well, the thread slowly went off topic, so there's no post where I can split it. Let people go off topic here anyway slim.

7. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

I gotta catch up!!! At the beginning, I always checked my amount of posts, but now its not really important to me. I'd rather pay attention to helping everyone here and cheering people up. There's a lot of depression, like with jobs and everything, and I really want to help (although I'm not much of a help). I never post my own misery, because its been known to worry others.

8. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

You're making me feel bad... ;)

9. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Don't feel bad, honey. If anyone needs comfort they should be able to ask their friends for it, and that includes people on this forum. :)

10. slimsim

Well, I could always close it, The title is "Skool Starting" and not "How Old is Josh" :rolleyes:

11. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I just realized that suprised only joined in March, and she's a moderator! I feel incompetent. Then again, I wouldn't have enough time to be a mod.

I only have 235 posts, including this one. Once again, I feel imcompetent.

12. Flameback777

May I ask how? :rolleyes:

13. slimsim

I have "Close Thread" and "Move/Copy Thread" in my Moderator Controls (Thread Tools) for this forum. I think all mods have an small amount of global moderation

14. Flameback777

OK, now do you want to go and moderate the TS2 Discussions? :rolleyes:

15. slimsim

It got off topic around post 32, for future reference. :p

16. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

lighten up Slim, this from a fellow mod. Conversations in off topic area are allowed to go off topic. That's the whole point. you just watch for inappropriate language, topics....... well even there we have threads that are controvesial. So again, lighten up.

17. surprised_by_witches

Well, 123, with age comes some compensation ... I'm not sure how old you need to be to be a moderator. But you're a bit young, at 12, to worry about such things. And you're not incompetent, Sweetheart. You're a very intelligent and funny young woman.

(I'm right, aren't I? I figured out your age from the clues you left.)

As for going off topic, this is the Offtopic Coffeehouse. If it were the Ontopic Coffeehouse, then we'd be in trouble ...

Going off topic builds camaraderie and helps us chat with our friends.

Going waaaaay off topic, I'm watching Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends with my daughter as I write this. If you haven't seen it, check it out. It's hilarious.

18. slimsim

lol, I was watching that a few minutes ago too. It beats "Fox News Sunday" and "Meet the Press" and every other sunday morining show.

19. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I wasn't really trying to conceal my age much. Really, anyone could figure out if they remembered all the little hints I posted everywhere. But I've never outright told anyone online my true age.

I prefer Spongebob to Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. By the way, have you heard of that issue about it, that it encourages homosexuality? I just burst out laughing when my sister told me about it. And then there's the time a kid drowned in the ocean, looking for Spongebob.

20. surprised_by_witches

Oh, I figured that, on the age thing. Just trying to have a little fun. I like Spongebob too, and no I hadn't heard that. Some people have too much time on their hands ...

I got a little tired of Spongebob. I can see getting tired of Foster's too but right now it really tickles my funnybone.