Skool Starting

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by slimsim, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Sylla

Sylla New Member

Yes Ku, I'm well aware that it's the start of the holidays, 2 weeks to go and the kids are already driving me batty!

Yesterday I went to my sisters house for lunch (and a couple of wines), it was a glorious spring day so we were sitting in the backyard and the kids were playing on the trampoline, when a sudden shriek ripped through the air and the yells of my 10yo son "Mum! there's blood!" When I looked up, it looked like someone had axed my 7yo son through the head, there was so much blood it was unbelievable, my heart still beats a dance thinking about it today. But after cleaning it up and a quick trip to the hospital it turned out to be a 1cm gash to his forehead, no stitches fortunately. I'm still unclear on how it all happened, but he says that he hit his head on the metal frame of the tramp while 'playing' with his brother.

Head wounds bleed a lot, I knew it in theory, but not in practice and hope it's something that I don't have to go through again!

I'm ready for them to go back to school now!

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Poor you. Get lots of sleep and television. My daughter seems to be coming down with something as well. Ah, fall ...

And LOL at Sylla. Head wounds are the worst. Nothing scarier to a mom. Send 'em back to school where the teacher can deal with them. :p

3. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Yes, I did have to go to school today, and I could hardly concentrate. Ugh.....

Head wounds are the worst, I agree. As I said in "Petz!", I got a shallow head gash in my head when I was younger. I still remember the shiny metal walls of the emergency room...

4. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I didn't go to work Wed, Thurs, or Fri of last week I was so sick...Monday I went back, today is Tuesday...and I'm still sick! UGH! I understand your pain of not being able to concentrate. Forget it, when I'm sick all I can think of is how nice my bed is, especially when my little Tanner (one of my three cats) cuddles up with me. He seems to know when I'm sick and spends more time just curled up with me, so sweet! Hang in there, you'll get better, it just sucks for now!

5. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I love cats. I had a tiny black and white kitten, Stitch, but we think that he got 'taken' by the foxes. Then I had a white cat with tabby patches. Her name was Pebbles, and she was gorgeous. But she got ran over. :( I haven't had a cat since. I don't think I'll get another for a while.

6. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

I can't find my rabbit... Talking about stitches, on my first day of elementary school I tripped over real hard on a concrete stump and I had to get 8 stitches for my chin. I hated school for ages after that. Didn't have any friends in the first year.... I guess junior high is a bit better.