Troubleshooting Snapshot Problems

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Arouse, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Arouse

Arouse New Member

Snapshot Problems

Whenever I take a snapshots, then look in the "storytelling" folder, there is only one picture, the picture I last snapped. I think they're overwriting eachother. Is there anyway I can prevent this?
    Thanks.

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

This question is fully answered in the FAQs

3. Arouse

Arouse New Member

Thanks for that, whilst I'm here though I was wondering if you had any ideas on how I'd go about sorting this little "issue?" (Below.)

[​IMG]

How can I remove those shadows?! (Covering majority of the floor.)

4. k8mc

k8mc luvvly jubbly

It looks like these are being made by the roof and they should go away if you go to options>graphics/performance options then turn shadows off. This will turn off shadows everywhere.

5. Arouse

Arouse New Member

Again, THANKS. I promise, one more question then I'll leave you all alone. I'm encountering a problem, I think pictures speak for words.

[​IMG]

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL, sorry luv, but you'll have to explain with words as well.

Wossa matta? Is it the $400 stairs (seems a bit steep :p ) Maybe you can't make them start on the foundation ... well you can't that close to the street ... maybe ... :rolleyes:

(And please don't leave us alone)

7. Arouse

Arouse New Member

I figured it out, don't worry - I just had to bear it and go along. :)

Here's the final result, sorry if the page stretches!

[​IMG]

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Hai carumba! I see you like to use everything in the catolog ... :p It's very pretty but I would hate to play it ... I'd be forever losing my sims :rolleyes:

9. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Wow, that's really pretty!! Is it a vacation lot by any chance? I'd love to go to that place for my holiday. :D

10. Arouse

Arouse New Member

It's a home, and it's pretty hectic...Bedroom's are looking snazzy though, if I say myself! Thanks for commenting on it too.

11. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Man....so how much would a house like that set a Sim back?

:dollarsign: :twocents: :dollarsign: :twocents: :dollarsign: :twocents: :dollarsign: :twocents:

12. Arouse

Arouse New Member

It was alot, trust me. ^___^ A new problem has arisen, I've adjusted the camera settings so that they're bigger and better quality, but they still seem slightly blurred and distorted...Solution, geniuses?! :D

13. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Can you post up a snapshot jpg (the last one taken) and its companion snapshot bitmap from the main Storytelling folder in The Sims 2 folder? That will enable us to compare.

There will inevitably be some loss of detail with in-game snapshots because they are svaed as jpg files with preset compression values. I don't know that there's a facility to fine tune that.

14. Arouse

Arouse New Member

Oh...I solved the problem, I'd set the photo's as best quality, but never saved the settings...Duh. Besides, I've resorted to just screenshotting myself. I'm getting better results. :D