SnootySims Hit With Excessive Resources

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ManagerJosh, Jun 5, 2007.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

SnootySims Hit With Excessive Resources

From SnootySims:

I'm very sorry for the long silence but there was a good reason for it.
    My host told that this site was using too many resources and must try to reduce it. For that, I removed the chatroom, enabled hotlink protection and many other things. After having done all that, the site loads faster then ever before, but still my host is saying it's not enough.

I really don't know what else to do about this problem and I'm looking for a solution. So for the coming time, the news and updates will be quite slower then you're used from me.

I will post all the old and current news the coming days, even just for archive sake, but to check out the latest Sims news, I would recommend visiting The Sims 2.co.za.

2. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

She posted an update yesterday that thanked everyone for the support, but that she is trying to work with ther host and not move to another one. I didn't think that was such a huge site to be using that much bandwith?

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I don't believe it was bandwith they were hit with, but rather, that they were exceeding resources in terms of processing power. If you are using a shared server, you are assigned a certain amount of processing power. Once you start exceeding it, that's when problems happen :)

4. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Oh, okay. I can understand that. We have an overloaded server at work that constantly gives us fits. :(