So it has happaend!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Helén, Oct 12, 2002.

1. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

coffee...very good at 6 am in the morning after only having slept for 5 hours...your ready and rearin to start school!

2. sugar_junkie

sugar_junkie Active Member

omg,irish coffee has alcohol? i'v been drinkin it for agez!!! ;) lol and after i drank it that night i couldnt go ta sleep! hehe ;) didnt sleep at all! lol ;)

3. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol Tess. Yes Real Irish coffee is strong coffee, Irish Cream (liqeur) and whipped cream. There are flavours that are nonalcoholic to buy and add instead of the liquer. heh.. Now I remember: Caf the Paris - YUM!!! It's a coffe drink with Grand Marnier in... *drooling*
    But I almost never drink alcohol at all! ;););) Better to be sober and know what you're doing.. :D

4. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I think most of the Irish Coffees at restaraunts and places like that don't have alcohol in them... unless they check your ID card for it to be sure you're of legal age in places that have laws about that!! In the US you can't drink alcohol till you're 21, I'm not sure what the laws are in other countries.

Grand Marnier is a sort of orange flavored liquor right? They use that in the fruit dip at the local deli, they just have a tiny bit mixed in with cream cheese and sugar, so it's not enough to count as alcoholic, it's very yummy with strawberries or grapes! :p I made a "fake" version of it for a party once, using an imitation of Grand Marnier. :D

5. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Yes, it's orange flavoured. Then you have Mandarine Napoleon, which alos is based on oranges... It's stronger.. hehe.. but real nice. But i don't think that one is good in coffee... :)

The thing is that most drinks you can do with alcohol can be made without as well.

In Sweden the agelimit to buy alcohol is 20.

6. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

well, i wouldn't think Starbucks sold alcholic beverages :p

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Nina should start her own coffeeshop

Kanina's Coffee :D

It makes you keep going and going and going (reference to the Energizer bunny)

8. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol! Maybe I will.. :LOL:

9. ManagerJosh

I'm your first customer!!!! :)

10. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Ah! Welcome mister. What can I get for you? :););)

We have everything here. ;)

OOHH Josh!! Tim!!! Can't we have a coffee shop here. There we can have all nonsense thread and a coffee bar???? Can we???

*hops up and down with a bottle of Arrak in her paw*
    (it's a nonalcoholic)

11. ManagerJosh

We could always rename Offtopic to Coffeehouse....

12. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Yeah!! Why not??? What do the rest of you guys think?? :LOL:
    Good idea Josh!!
    *gives Josh a big hug*

13. ManagerJosh

Let's get a poll :)

14. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I think it would be cute to have a Coffe House Forum as well as the Off Topic, the Coffee House one could be more hanging out, and still the Off Topic for really far out posts to discuss things, rather than hang out. Does that make any sense??

I would go to Nina's Coffe Shop!!! ;) :p :D

15. ManagerJosh

then what will happen to General Discussion then?

16. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Makes perfectly sense to me Fae. :)

Hmm.. Actually.. I always thought General and Off-Topic are very similar... hmmm....

17. ManagerJosh

me and my crazy mind....... LOL

18. sugar_junkie

sugar_junkie Active Member

oooo...u guyz really havin a coffee house? am i invited??

19. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I thought General discussion was for... discussions? Moreso than roleplay and hanging out anyway..... :D

20. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Hmmm.. you're probably right Fae. You usually are. :classic: