Spore So What is Spore Anyway?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by kingofthenet, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Aphid

Aphid New Member

Perhaps this should be stickied, or an announcement. Just a thought...

2. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I'll consider this Aphid :smile: , but since it's not the official Descreption and it might be misleading (eventhough i'm pretty sure it's not), let's wait a little with sticking it ;)

Heat

3. ConradSims2

ConradSims2 New Member

Yep, and E3 is not far off --- so we'll get even more info!

4. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

True, but that doesn't say you'll not be able to download whatever you want..

Heat

5. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Selective downloading is a possibilty in the game, it is inculded as a featured option as i know....you may be right though :rolleyes:

Heat

6. Dumdadum

Dumdadum New Member

That does sound interesting.

I think it would be quite good to include selective downloading, as well as the automatic one (Which I have doubts about) because you may see somebody else's game, and they have something in it that you really want, but your game doesn't download it. Whoa, I could understand how agitating that must be..

Although, yea, if there is no selective downloading it'd be quite exciting so see what you get each time.

7. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

And that obvously, what Will Wright doesn't want you to feel....that's why it's logical to have selective downloading... :rolleyes:

Heat

8. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Hello...errmm...guest...

You have a really good point there, But don't you think people like what's called "popular"? i think that's the reason Will Wright may include that feature of selective downloading....

Heat

9. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I never said Will Wright is Conformed to what's popular, but i know he would like his game to sell, and that feature is some kind of a key feature in the game....i still bielive it will be included after all

Heat

10. Arsonide

Arsonide New Member

Well we'll just have to wait till May I guess...nobody can really say anything for sure right now.

11. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

But we can still discuss things you know :D

Heat

12. Athena

Athena New Member

Good description Heat. Thanks.
    Wow world domination at 30.
    Wonder if I can add it to my resume. :smile:

13. HCantu99

HCantu99 New Member

Be careful about attacking visiting UFOs. Apparently they can sometimes just blow up planets.

14. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

That's right, and that's why rumors are saying that there will be some kinds of diplomacy between tribes/planets....

Heat ;)

15. HCantu99

HCantu99 New Member

"There, there. Nice UFO! You're a nice UFO aren't you? You're not going to blow up our nice little planet are you? Nice UFO..."

(whispers to rest, "Evacuate the planet, quick!")

With such a small "footprint" for each object, maybe everyone's game would get a copy of every object and creature, and we'd simply have the option to use it or not? Maybe even to sort by our own preferences?

Personally, I'm going to try to make the most unusual stuff possible, test the very limits of the game's creative possibilities. Then again, that might annoy some.

HCantu :spin:

Posts merged, please use the edit feature.Heat

16. MrErops

MrErops New Member

This game sounds like a great game. I can't wait for it.. :D

17. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

I think that it will be good to have the non-selective picks,because what if that one creature is cool,but it works out horribly in the ecosystems? If this sort of creature was real,it would go extinct. Yeah,it's cool. But if it was left in,it would die,so spore just dosen't let it in in the first place!

18. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Wow, someone is dabbling in necromancy...

19. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

I mentioned dying TWICE,man.

20. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Ok, First of all, proper grammar dictates that you use a SPACE after a comma, IE:

Like this, see?

Not like this,alright?

And second, I was not referring to you mentioning death, what I was referring to was you resurrecting a thread that has been dead for two months.

Oh, and might I suggest you resize your avatar to the size everyone else uses, instead of that hideously obnoxious picture you are currently using.