Spore So What is Spore Anyway?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by kingofthenet, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

Obnoxious? Mmkay? IT'S A DOG THAT CAME FROM A FREAKING BILLIGUAL LANGUAGE LEARNING SITE, MAN!!!

2. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Though I'm sure you find that fascinating, the least you could do is shrink it so it fits within the 100x120 size limit that the rest of us have to abide by.

3. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

It means "Okay."

4. Hazath

Hazath New Member

very long okay...

5. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

Oh well,at least now I have this avatar.

6. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

Hey, would this include customized skins, creatures, objects/buildings, etc.? Or do you think there will be a way for the players to choose to download or upload specific custom things that they can use in their own culture(s)?

Actually, now I wonder if we will even be able to create our own custom skins/textures, and much, much more -- or if everything will be able to be customized anyway in the game itself? :tongue:

7. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Everything is uploaded.

More or less, Spore will ship as the naked engine, with only a little bit of content to start the community; all the content will be created either by players, or will be randomly compiled by the computer in real time.

Like all my statements, I must warn that since I am not a Maxoid or Will Wright himself, what I say has a moderate chance of being innacurate.

8. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

OK, so based on that, what would happen if you don't have Internet connection during gameplay? Could you still download custom stuff?

Does Spore require the Internet in order to play it? :confused:

9. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

No, the game is already preloaded with plenty of creatures, buildings, etc. etc. etc.

10. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

When I say 'little bit of content' I am talking relatively. You will start out with prebuilt creatures, buildings, vehicles, and plants in the thousands, but when compared to what the Spore community will create, this number is very very tiny.

I also heard that Maxis might create content packs that has a whole bunch of made creatures in a nice tidy little file, in case you can get onto the internet via a public terminal or something.

Also, considering the content is compressed -EXTREMELY- small ( 1MB can hold roughly 1,000 items), even if you're running on a 56k or even a 28.8 or lower (ancient, I know, but it still exists), you can still get plenty of creatures downloaded quickly and easily.

11. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

Cool, thanks so very much, K.Kraden. I think all that info answers my questions. :D You are really helpful... :smile: