So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Sit on our butts in front of the telly (or in my case, the computer. I haven't watched TV as much since I got TS2.). Seriously. We don't have a parade, or a festival, or some kind of sports tournament. We just let the season go by without any change in our routine whatsoever. I think I should be disappointed.

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Towson Town Festival. Towson is the county seat for Baltimore County which is a county that surrounds the city of Baltimore (which is not part of the county.) Forget the silly politics. The festival happens in the spring every year. A couple of long streets are blocked off. Vendors set up booths and sell hot dogs, funnel cakes, arts and crafts, music, books, plants, and everything else you can imagine. There are bands. Radio stations set up booths, too, and add to the racket. It was beautiful weather so the festival was mobbed. We didn't stay very long this year, just long enough to eat lunch.

No parades. And it's pro business since it's sponsored by the local business community associations. :rolleyes:

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I feel I should interject at this point to mention that my darling younger sister is in Baltimore tonight visiting some rellies of her SO ... I believe that they are then heading off for some godforsaken place no-one ever heard of in WV ... but don't say I told y'all. She's a lot like me only ... less inhibited :eek: :rolleyes:

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Wish I could meet her. But I know how these things are with visiting relatives and all that--dreadfully busy. I've got two of them (my daughter and SO) here now. They will be taking off for California on Tuesday. During the four full days they are here on the east coast they have been, and will be, busy dawn to dusk with family and friend get-togethers. It's been quite hectic for them.

If there's anything I can help with, though, I'd be happy to do it! :)

5. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

It gets better and better

I had a sneaking suspicion I was being stalked by the school councellor. Well, today I was actually sent to the councellor:(

Well, that's whats new:)

PS My friend was walking down the street with her Grandmother and a car hit them. Her Grandmother died, and my friend has been in intensive care. She couldn't recognise her Mum for a week

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Alison, that's terrible. Did they arrest the driver of the car? Her poor grandmother.

I hope your friend recovers fully. What a scary time for her and her family (and for you!).

And I hope by stalking you don't mean he/she is up to anything inappropriate. If that's the case you should go to the person in charge of your school (principal? headmaster?).

That kind of thing is illegal, at least over here, and I'm suspecting where you live too.

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

:eek: You are having a bad time! And your friend is just ... gah!

Be there for her. Friends are so important at times like this. If she's been unconscious then she may suffer from mood swings and difficult behaviour ... you may have to put up with some s**t ... but just being there for her will help her get back to normal ... let's hope none of that happens though.

Hope the school counsellor thing isn't an issue. If you're in trouble you may like to point out that things have gotten a bit "flakey" lately ... sheesh! Ask for a break.

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

So very sorry to hear about your friend and her grandmother, AlisonB. All my sympathy to the family.

9. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

Wow, thanks for all the kind words :eek:

I don't know about the person that hit them. We've been trying to contact them for two weeks, but we can't reach them. You see, when we were little, we all lived on the same little island off the coast of Australia, but we've all grown up and are now spread all over Australia.

It's pretty hard to keep in contact, but somehow we manage :rolleyes:

10. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

That's so awful... I cannot believe how criminal some drivers are.

And I checked in just to complain about the eyedrops causing the white of the screen to vibrate.. just had an eye examine done. good news doctor said it is unlikely that I will ever get glaucoma. But i really, really, really need to get my glasses updated. I knew that.

11. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Awh, Alison, I really feel for you. I seriously don't know what's going on in the world these days. Thinking of you!

Head lump time. In games last week at school. Playing badminton (never played in my life, we had no teacher at the time) and Kathryn got the shuttlecock caught in the ceiling beams. So James got this biiiig long 25ft metal yellow pole out to poke it down. It was yellow, and built like a drainpipe. So James hollered for me to catch the shuttlecock (I, of course, missed it) and as he brought the pole down it slipped. I saw stars!

Nice lump and a bruise on my head. Right on my fod.

12. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Babe, you worry me sometimes.

My daughter has gone back to California today. Her baby is due in the middle of August. We plan to go out to visit in early September. Wish I could be there all summer but it can't be. *sigh*

The painters have finished up with the inside of the house and have a little more to finish on the outside trim. Then they'll be gone and things will be quiet again.

Speaking of glasses, Michelle, I probably need new ones, too. You've reminded me. :rolleyes:

And SBW, what's this Dilettante business. :shocked: You are joking with us, aren't you? (I guess the disreputable part gave that away.)

13. surprised_by_witches

I know a lot about a little, or possibly a little about a lot, and there's a reason I didn't answer the question, "What's the naughtiest thing you ever did?" Get me banned from the site for life, that would!

:p

14. Lynet

Lynet New Member

The way you write in PDL gets to me to wondering about your secret life. I think you know a lot about a lot. :D And your writing is neither superficial nor amateruish. (I had to look up dilettante :eek: .)

I answered the "naughtiest thing" with asterisks because the actual words would have gotten me banned. :eek:

15. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I would love to see what novels you've written in RL, SBW....I bet they're great.

16. surprised_by_witches

Aw, shucks, kid, that's nice of you. I've got one being read by an agent and another I've been working hard on that's not ready for public consumption, yet.

Maybe someday I'll be a published novelist, but I'm not there yet.

Thanks for the props, though. :)

17. okimnotcalm

okimnotcalm The Kewlest Person Ever

If anyone I ever knew online was an author one day, I would read all of the books and then force my best friend to buy them and read them because she forces me to read books all the time. I hope that you achieve your dreams SBW.

18. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

What's new? Lynet's new avatar is so cool! That's what's new! :D So grandfatherly ... looks like he's coming in for a big wet whiskery kiss ... ew and aw all in one :eek: ;) :p :D :rolleyes:

19. surprised_by_witches

Thank you!

I don't know, Mirelly. I'm a little afraid of Lynet's new avatar. He's invading my personal space. :p

What's new today is I'm home sick. No wonder I haven't been able to do much lately. I thought I was just tired, but today I came down with flu symptoms.

Watched my adorable niece yesterday. Hope she doesn't catch it.

20. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I presume you all recognize my avatar as the Aspiration Doctor who flys in and out like Mary Poppins. :D For those new to the game, who may not have met him yet, just wait until one of your sims goes into aspiration failure.

Hmmm, guess that means that anyone who can see my avatar is in aspiration failure because otherwise he shouldn't be visible. :eek:

p.s. SBW! Not again! Didn't you just get over a cold? And I hope you feel better real soon. Especially as we are all selfishly waiting to see what happens with Jack. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.