So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

For me, sickness seems to come in threes. I get three things, then I'm better. I hope that's all this is.

Yes, I've seen the good doctor a few times. Selena got a visit when she went into aspiration failure in college, and Xander got one when Lola died, which I thought was sweet.

Didn't recognize him at that angle. :p

Glad you're enjoying the story. Just posted more. I slept all morning and don't feel like going back to bed, just yet.

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL I didn't recognise him either ... frankly I never wanted to get that close. All the same he's a lot better than the misery-guts we had before ... I think preferred the goth-vamp ;)

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I thought the goth-vamp (as you called her and I can't think of any better) was a little too creepy. I didn't think the old lady was so bad as all that, maybe because I know her well in the game and think she looks like a thinner (much) version of me. She's a nice sort. :rolleyes: Anyway, I should probably just go back to the startled bug from Josh's avatar supply that I used when I first joined. ;) But I get tired of my avatars and like changing them.

4. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

Just a quickie. I said I wouldn't delve into my relationships, but I'll just say that today I was asked out on a date :eek:

I refused, crazy psycho's aren't my type :p

I hate colds!!! Hope you're feeling better :)
    I haven't had a visit from the psychiatrist (in TS2) yet:rolleyes:

5. surprised_by_witches

Sorry you got asked out by a crazy psycho. Hope the next one's normal.

I still feel punky. I think I just need to rest, and yet here I am at work. I hate it when I'm not sick enough to stay home but not well enough to be productive. I feel like a waste of space, LOL.

It's mother's day this weekend. Happy mother's day, all you mothers out there!

It's supposed to rain. Normally we plant our garden on mother's day but since it promises to be soggy (the rain's already started) I'm taking Witch Baby to a movie while her daddy sleeps. Night jobs suck sometimes. It'd be nice if he could come too but he really needs his rest.

When we get home we'll have something nice for dinner. I wanted a cookout, but again, foiled by the rain.

What are you all doing to celebrate the day? Is it mother's day in other parts of the world, too?

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

We have Mother's Day before easter (traditonally Mothering Sunday was a day in Lent when the English nobility allowed their servants to leave their employers' premises and to go bother their mothers instead :p)

Just found more info and learned some more myself. My first mother-in-law introduced me the hell of the simnel cake ... though I always kept quiet about it because she served the bloody things on Easter Sunday like it was a estival version of Christmas cake. Mind you her simnel cake wasn't quite as lethal as its Yuletide cousin ....

Oops ..

PS ... Hope you all have a nice time! :)

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Painters are done and gone at last. Now we have to put the house back in order. My husband expects we will be working on it all day today. That and the garden needs weeding. And tomorrow we'll be spending the day with his mother. His family expects to see a CD or DVD full of travel pictures which I will have to sort and burn (such a weird expression) tonight.

What this means is -- NO TIME FOR SIMS! AAARGH! :hissyfit: *pulling at hair, stamping feet*

*sigh* and so it begins...

*runs back to edit* HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all of you. Drink a toast to yours. Take my word for it, she deserves it.

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL Lynet ... as a writer you ought to know better. I now have this image of Mr Lynet as a taciturn Victorian task-master. Meanwhile I shall be filled with antici-

-pation for the next instalment of Ironsides :rolleyes:

9. surprised_by_witches

Just make a jump to the left while you're waiting. ;):p

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

darn I can't decide whether to step to the right next, do the pelvic thrust or go and me suzzies out (translation of suzzies -- itself being a diminutive for suspenders). Come to think of it's high time there was another revival ... it must ... ooh, two years since it last toured in the UK. BWB would love getting a man's role in that show :p

11. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Part of that conversation went way over my head :)o). (step to the left or right?) But I saw the part about my husband this morning just before turning off the computer to go see his Mom. I laughed at the taciturn Victorian task-master label and repeated it to him. He reminded me that his new year's resolution every year is to be "less tolerant," which will never happen. He's too gentle.

12. surprised_by_witches

You've (gasp) never seen Rocky Horror?

OK, admittedly, it's really really bad, but it's also quite funny ...

13. Lynet

Lynet New Member

:eek: I saw the movie once, a long, long, long time ago. I know it has, or had, a big following of people who would watch it repeatedly. I was not one of them so I don't remember much about it. My memory's not so good. Never was, even when I was young. (I think. Can't remember. :p )

Actually, speaking of that issue, I've been thinking I need to go back and reread what I've written about Errol and Ironsides because so much time passes between chapters that I'm afraid I might be losing the Big Mo. During tax season (January thru April,) when the husband I adore works 6 10-hour days a week while I work 4 7-hour days is when I get all my serious simming done. It's touch and go the rest of the year.

And simming is what I should be doing right now!

14. surprised_by_witches

No one SHOULD be simming, LOL. We SHOULD be cleaning our houses or writing that novel or planting the garden ... but simming becomes almost a necessity after a while, doesn't it?

I played Max's little family last night, finally got Henry his first kiss (with Samantha Longman) and aged Tristan to teen ... what an absolute cutie pie. I'll post pictures soon.

"Oh the Sisters of Mercy, they are not departed or gone ... "

This is the start of a beautiful, weird song by Leonard Cohen that reminds me of your sig line. Mercy, indeed.

Most songs by Leonard Cohen are beautiful and weird, come to think of it. Anyone who hasn't heard of him, should check him out. IS there anyone who hasn't heard of him?

He's not much of a singer, but his lyrics are killer. And that's what I go for. If a catchy tune is completely nonsensical it ruins it for me.

Example lines?

"And then I confess that I tortured the dress you wore for the world to look through."

"Dance me to the curtains that our kisses have outworn."

"There's a chair with a dead magazine."

Told you he was weird. But he's a brilliant poet.

Don't know why I'm on this tangent today. I'll say goodbye now.

Goodbye now.

15. surprised_by_witches

OK, couldn't resist. Here are the lyrics to Sisters of Mercy.

Oh the sisters of mercy, they are not departed or gone.
    They were waiting for me when I thought that I just can't go on.
    And they brought me their comfort and later they brought me this song.
    Oh I hope you run into them, you who've been travelling so long.
    Yes you who must leave everything that you cannot control.
    It begins with your family, but soon it comes around to your soul.
    Well I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned:
    When you're not feeling holy, your loneliness says that you've sinned.

Well they lay down beside me, I made my confession to them.
    They touched both my eyes and I touched the dew on their hem.
    If your life is a leaf that the seasons tear off and condemn
    they will bind you with love that is graceful and green as a stem.

When I left they were sleeping, I hope you run into them soon.
    Don't turn on the lights, you can read their address by the moon.
    And you won't make me jealous if I hear that they sweetened your night:
    We weren't lovers like that and besides it would still be all right,
    We weren't lovers like that and besides it would still be all right.

16. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I decided that if I was gonna play a man, I'd may as well play it wholeheartedly. So I asked could I wear a big white bushy moustache. And sideburns. And possibly a beard.

17. surprised_by_witches

Good for you! I played Antonio in Twelfth Night, once. I had a Beatle's hairdo.

18. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

And not forgetting:
    Your hair upon the pillow like a sleepy golden storm :)

19. surprised_by_witches

And now another stranger seems
    To want you to ignore his dreams
    As though they are the burden of some other ...

OK, sorry, getting obnoxious here, but he really wrote some fabulous stuff. :)

20. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL Obnoxious, my foot foot :p

I liked this bit:

It's hard to hold the hand of anyone

who is reaching for the sky just to surrender,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.