So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

By the way, Babe - Sorry to hear about your dying computer - hopefully, you were able to save your neighborhoods, and you will be able to re-load them onto a new, and even faster computer than before! Still very frustrating though!:(

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Hi Babe, 450 quid is pushing it but PC World has this for 500, which at least has the capacity for being upgradable but has a proper graphics card to start off with) Even so you might have to do some fiddling around with some settings to get it run TS2.

UK customers! Don't buy an extended warranty whatever you do. If it breaks in the first six months you have The Sale Of Goods Act to force repair/replacement/or money back and if it doesn't it'll probably last for ever ... just don't use the LCD screen as a dart board ... that can get expensive :rolleyes:

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I knew Mirelly would come to your rescue, Babe, which is why I didn't say anything ... so sorry about your computer. I too hope your simmies can be saved.

July 1, Sacharissa? Wow. You do have fortitude. If I can't move because I've melted into a little puddle the air goes on, even if it's April 1!

Minnesota, land of unpredictable weather. I'm taking Izzy to get sheared today like a little sheep. She'll pierce a few eardrums, I'm sure. She hates this, but she always feels better afterwards, even if she does look incredibly foofy. Not even the same dog. I'm always amazed at how skinny and small she is. She's half fur! I'll try to take some before and after pictures.

This weather has been awesome for flowers. My rose, dormant for three years, is literally covered in buds. I think there are around 50! I'll take pictures when it blooms. And my peonies are also extremely happy right now. Haven't bloomed yet, but the plants are huge and full of buds and looking very perky.

Should be gorgeous when everything pops.

4. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Nope. My Sims could not survive.

I can't do anything on here anymore - the internet is it. I can't put music on, make discs, go on my Sims, and even when I do go on the internet it sometimes turns off and MSN spontaneously goes into meltdown. I get error messages flashing every 5 minutes, and I can't even reboot the bloody thing to factory settings and start all over again.

And thanks, Mirelly - but since my computer is so rubbish I can't follow many links any more. Sigh. I'm dreading the day when I can't access WorldSims anymore - already I can't see any images anybody posts, and today I discovered I can't see the FAQ's page from the link in your sig.

I feel like chucking the stupid thing in the Irwell.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

OK It was this:

PACKARD BELL 1429 AMD ATHLON 64 3400+ PROCESSOR + 15" TFT FLAT PANEL MONITOR

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Processor
    2.2GHz, 800MHz FSB, 0.5MB Cache
    1024MB DDR RAM
    160GB Hard Disk Drive
    Multi-Format Dual Layer DVD RW Drive
    128 MB ATI Express X200 Graphics
    6 USB Connections

6. babewithbrains_14

Thanks Mirelly. :D Will get another friend to look into it now for me. He said that a shop nearby will build the computer with the specs I need for an okay price.

Luv ya! x x x

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Hope everyone had a great weekend. It was beautiful weather here. Sunny and warm but not stifling unless you stood out in the direct sun.

We spent a lot of time just cleaning house and doing laundry.

I also spent a lot of time simming, including downloading. :eek: My story has gotten very complicated -- lots of different things to figure out now. Gracious, and Errol hasn't even gotten there yet. But he will. :)

Oh, Babe, I feel for you. If anything happened to my computer and my sims right now I'd be throwing a tantrum right on the floor. :hissyfit: :sob:

8. surprised_by_witches

I would be disconsolate for days. Might even lose my taste for chocolate.

So sorry, Babe.

9. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Well, to be honest, it seems like I've had to break my own rule more often over the last few years - But somehow, I always feel a bit guilty if it's not even July yet. I guess that's just my Thrifty Minnesota-Scandinavian Heritage coming through... ("Air Conditioning? You don't need Air Conditioning! What do you think the 10,000 lakes are for???")

Oooo! Sounds spectacular! You will have to host another get together when they've bloomed so that we may pay homage to your Gardening Skills as well as your Simming Skills!

I highly admire anyone who gardens. I love the idea of having a garden - just not the actual gardening part! My brother, the ex-patriate artist, once house sat for some friends of his for two years - a 14th Century Manor house on Dartmoor! It came with a lovely garden, complete with a gardener who came twice a week! Now THAT would be the life!

10. surprised_by_witches

Oh, please don't misunderstand me. I do not have a green thumb. That rose has stretched nearly to the top of the garage because I didn't bother to cut it down over the winter. And the peonies thrive mostly due to the labors of my triplex neighbor, who is a wonderful gardener.

I'm like you. I plant things, I want to do well by them, but halfway through the summer I've got a weed garden. :eek:

Still, my garden promises to be lovely soon and will definitely have you both over to see it. And take pictures for those of you who live further away.

11. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Babe, did you backup your sim files before uninstalling?

Edit: Sorry, I didn't realize there was another page. :eek:

I recently received some seeds from a friend..they're for carnivorous plants! I can't wait to plant them and watch them grow...and then eat bugs...

12. surprised_by_witches

My dog, with fur and sans fur.

Doesn't she look cute? And cooler, too. She was miserable over the weekend.

Told you she looks like two different dogs!

Attached Files:

13. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Hey Babe something to check into are refurbished computers... because they are used they cost less and may only need an upgrade in your video card. our current compaq is used and last year we bought another one for some good friends of our that was even cheaper and had more power... just a thought.

cool in the northwest for memorial day, we celebrated by catching up our paperwork. and mowing the lawn.

14. babewithbrains_14

Thanks for all the thoughts, guys!

Sigh. I've never heard of that refurbished thingymajig before, Michelle, but it sound something to def look into.

Am quite pleased though, because my Dad bought a Bluetooth USB Dongle for his laptop and hasn't used it yet, so I thought I'd try and get it on my laptop. And yay! It works! At least my phone is happy. I may do a mini-wave in celebration of life. *Does a mini-wave in celebration of life.* Ooh yeah!

15. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

AWWW....SBW, she looks so cute all shaved like that! Much cooler, I'm sure she'll be much happier now. Our poor animals in the summer, with those fur coats, must be awful. On hot days our cats don't do anything, just plop down in the middle of the floor all spread out. They don't even move if you need to get by them, they can't be bothered by our little whims of wanting to walk down the hallway! LOL...reminds me...I think it might be time to change the signature....

16. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

LOL Shana! That is so true! Our two cats become absolute SLUGS when it gets hot! Sometimes I check just to make sure that they are still breathing!!!

PS LOVE your signature! Hmmm...Reminds me of another quote...I might just have to change mine!

17. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

LOL, I love your new sig as well Sachrissa...that's perfect. They are our masters, and I'll humbly obey their every whim, only because I love them so much!

Another good quote I've heard, can't remember who says it is, "Dogs have masters, Cat's have slaves." Soooo true...so true.

18. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

ROTFLOL! :D

19. babewithbrains_14

Awh, I love cats. I could just awh them all day lol!

20. Lynet

Lynet New Member

ROTFLMAO at both your signatures. Up until a year and a half ago I lways lived with cats. There are pictures of me as a baby with cats. :eek: I think they're wonderful pets but they certainly do expect slavery from us.

(posted at the same time, Babe. Next time I'm in Manchester I'll buy you a coke. And if it's ten years from now I'll buy you something stronger.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.