So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I used to be a cat person until I got my dog. She's such a sweetheart, and my cat is just useless.

In my opinion a cat should be either cuddly, amusing, or a good mouser. Until recently she was none of the above. Now that she has less than zero body fat (skinniest cat on earth!) she's a lot more cuddly.

Mercenary little thing.

The dog, on the other hand, adores me. There's something to be said for loyal love like that. When I sim she usually sits under my desk and cuddles with my feet, or fwumps down on the couch with a sigh and takes a nap.

Now, if I had a cat like the one I had growing up, or more like Shana's Addie, I'd probably be more 50/50 in my preference.

Mercenary thing, ain't I. :p

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Aww, thanks SBW, Addie really is a spunkly little sweetheart.

Speak of quotes, just got another funny one I thought I'd share with all of you.

"I won't tell you how much I weigh, but don't get in an elevator with me - unless you're going down."
    - Jack E. Leonard

Hehehe...

3. jupitershana

Well I'll be gone all weekend. I'm kind of excited, my best friend Jessica's little brother is being confirmed this weekend. It's down in South Eastern Wisconsin, near Milwaukee in a little town called Burlington. Jessica didn't feel like driving all the way down there herself as it is a 6 hour trip, her fiance had to work. So I'm going with for the road trip. I actually went to college down in that area, and it will be nice to visit the area. I haven't been down there in 2 1/2 years...it will be odd memories for sure. So I wanted to wish everyone a good weekend! I'll see you all Sunday evening or Monday morning!

4. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Hope your Road Trip is totally Fab! Make sure you have plenty of good Road Trip Music and money for the ESSENTIALS (Pop and Munchies!)!

Drive careful!!! :checkeredflag:

5. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I tried step aerobics (sp?) for the very first time yesterday... you all would have been rofl if you could have seen me. One of the ladies said I didn't do badly for my first time but let me know there's an easier class that meets mondays and wednesdays. I got to tell you it ain't easy when you can't dance. I can't even do the grape vine with out messing up... Pray for me, Please..................

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Aw, Michelle. I'll say a little prayer for ya ... but I'm sure you don't need any. I am still trying to pluck up the "round tuit" to go out in my back garden and fight back against the hedges that are threatening gaily to meet in the middle thereby leaving me without the option to daydream about regaining the sort of shape that permits sunbathing without risk of innocent observers running, wild-eyed and screaming, for the hills. :p

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Michelle, you are an inspiration. :bigthumbsup:

Last night I went with my husband to a happy hour event that's part of a long series of events for his 30 year college reunion. Last night was the only thing we plan to attend. I guess we had a teeny bit more to drink than we intended and both of us feel yucky this morning. :ill:

I'm eating one piece of toast, getting crumbs everywhere here.

8. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

This is why I prefer Aqua Aerobics to all other kinds - You are in a pool so you don't get all sweaty...But you still get a great work-out because of the water resistance - and BEST or all, no one can see how very uncoordinated you are!

9. surprised_by_witches

My roses and peonies bloomed this weekend! We had relatives visiting or I would have invited you over to see them, Shana and Sacha. The roses only half-bloomed, though ... still have several buds left to go.

Anyway, here are pictures! I don't claim to be a great photographer, but I thought I'd attempt to show you all how beautiful my garden is right now.

Attached Files:

10. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

How lovely! Call me old fashioned, But I just LOVE Roses and Peonies in a garden. And if there are also Lilacs and Snapdragons, then it is nigh on perfect!

11. surprised_by_witches

Snapdragons are in the foreground, under the roses. I didn't manage to get them in the picture. Not sure if we have any lilies ... there may be some lily of the valley hanging around, and our triplex neighbor is fond of day lilies ... can't remember if she planted any this year.

The roses really bloomed since I took the picture. I'll have to have you over soon!

We went to the arboretum on Sunday, after the relatives left. I've lived here 16 years and had never been. They've got a Secret Garden exhibit right now that's fun to discover, and it's just such a beautiful place. We walked around most of it, spent four hours there sans kid ... she was at her cousin's.

All in all a very romantic way to spend a Sunday.

12. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

That sounds lovely! I've only been to the Arboretum once - but it was at night (a harvest moon festival, if I call correctly) so we didn't get to see much. It was lovely just the same...

Speaking of Secret Gardens, one of the best Sundays I've ever had was one of my trips to England - One misty, drizzly Sunday morning was spent touring the victorian Higate Cemetery - the weather was actually really nicely suited for such a mysterious and sombre place.

Then, in the afternoon, the sun came out in a dazzling display, just in time for the Chelsea Physic Garden - which is a walled in garden that dates back to the 1600s! It really seemed like the garden Mary Lennox must have brought back to life in that wonderful book. It was a fabulous place for afternoon tea! And such a lovely way to spend a Sunday!!

13. surprised_by_witches

See, now you're just making me jealous. ;)

You should check out the MN arboretum, though. If you're in the mood for trees and flowers. The rose garden is beautiful. It should be especially lovely in a week or so.

14. suitemichelle

15. surprised_by_witches

OMG are you related to them? Wow. Five babies. The mind boggles.

16. suitemichelle

not precisely... There's a connection between my steppop and the quints mother... not sure how it works I'll have to have my mom explain it.... again.

17. jupitershana

wow Michelle...how amazing. I can't imagine what that must be like for the mother. I just hope when we get pregnant that my outcome isn't 5 babies like that! High chance for twins, even triplets with the route we'll probably have to go, but 5...oh goodness. How precious all the same.

18. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

What a beautiful family :)

19. reignofevil

reignofevil Spore mod v2.434543

I have decided to check in :) .
    Nice babies.

20. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

I've a good friend who has twins, and another who has triplets...I can't imagine having FIVE! You would REALLY have to have a good network of family and firends - which it looks like they do. Lovely looking family!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.