So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Hey, Reigno. That's REALLY cool. So how do you feel about her? We won't tell anyone.

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

As there are no rules for this thread I thought was snippet was a rather good bit of "news" that may not have escaped across the planet.

Guess which world leader used to drive a fork lift truck (or cheat and click here)

3. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Well, it's a typical late Winter morning, with piles of snow still hanging about like so much dirty laundry...remnants of the 19 inches we had two weeks ago. Cloudy and a little dreary, but the temps should reach the 40s (farenheit), so we should loose more of the snow cover.

And today is the day a few of us Minnesotans will be gathering to meet in person! How lovely it will be to chat with other Simmers - people who do not look at you strangely when you try to explain to them how you need to get the next generation through college, or how your Sim was abducted by aliens, and is now pregnant with his first child...What a freeing experience this will be!:)

4. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

By the way, Mirelly, interesting article! I would never have guessed that!! :shocked:

5. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I'm so excited about this. Meeting new friends is always fun, and to have this opportunity to talk about all this is wonderful. Are you other two experiencing any flax from your husbands about this? Brandon rolled his eyes at me at first, but he actually does think it's cool we're meeting. Gets him off the hook from hearing all my stories about my sims. :rolleyes:

6. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Well, my roommate thinks I'm being a total geek - but in a good way! She was also comforted by the fact that some friends of ours turned out to be mutual friends of Surprised_by_Witches - That means it is less likely that I am off to meet a couple of Axe Murderers! (Although I can't imagine axe murderers being that into playing The Sims!) :D

7. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Heh. Little do you know.

I had fun, guys. I hope you did too. I loved seeing your houses, Sacharissa. For those of you who didn't know this, she's a talented sims architect, and lucky her, she can carry them with her wherever she goes. Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll offer them up for download (dibs on the urban space!).

It was fun getting to show my sims in person. I gave a tour of the ruined mansion where Spike and London live. It was fun getting to talk about my sims with people who already "knew" them. And, thanks for being so nice about my daughter and her cousin wanting to show you their sim creations as well.

It's a small world, isn't it? So weird that we already knew some of the same people. Or maybe not so weird, since we live in the same area of town.

To answer your question, Shana, I guess I'm lucky in that I have a husband who's interested in what I'm interested in. I've already told him about my sims quite a bit. He laughs at me a little but he likes hearing what Max and Spike and Porter are up to, and he helps design some of my characters. He was quite opinionated about what David Sullivan should look like, LOL.

Sorry you didn't get to meet him. Ah, the glamorous nocturnal life of a baker.

8. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

It was really fun getting to tour Porta de Luca, and "meeting" Spike and London in person! I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with my fellow Simmers. How fabulous to get together with old friends we've just met and discuss life in Simsville - and life in Minnesota...Let's do it again!

And thanks for the kind words, SBW! I was inspired to go home and try to recreate a couple of the lovely cottages on your street! While they are not exact replicas, I think that they would fit nicely into the style of your neighborhood.

9. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

to 123

Honey, if you're have that many headaches consistantly, you need to #1 get your eyes checked out and #2 if that doesn't solve the problem go to the medical doctor. because it just isn't normal to have that many headaches.

10. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Well, I am happy to say that my headaches have gone! Poof! Disappeared! Maybe it's because I slept in about 5 hours last Sunday. :rolleyes:

11. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Ah Sleep! There's just NEVER enough time!!

By the way, Person - I've really been enjoying your Legacy story...Keep up the good work!

12. surprised_by_witches

Me, too. It's a hoot and a half. Hard to believe you're 12 sometimes, girl.

Today I've got work to do and I'm slacking off talking to y'all. Can you say, girl in need of a vacation?

My daughter wants to join this site. I'm not sure we can do two accounts from the same machine, though she could use her daddy's email account (or get her own yahoo one).

I'm a little worried. I think some of the content (especially my story!!!) is too adult for her. But she's determined.

I know you all will be very nice to her, so no worries there. If she has to join a site I'm glad she wants to be on one I moderate.

So, if we can figure it out, coming soon: Witch Baby. (Doubt she'll use that name, I just thought it would be cute.)

13. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

That would be fun..Your daughter is a hoot! And quite a good little Simmer, as well!! Might be a bit wierd for you, though...It's always a bit nerve-wracking to have family members reading my creative writing...They know me to well - or maybe not well enough!!!

14. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Hm...I agree that your story might be a bit much for an 8 year old (is that how old she is? I forget.) but maybe you could work something out...I know we'd all make her feel very welcome! :D

Oh yeah, and thanks for the nice comments! I enjoy my Legacy family as much as you do...well, maybe more. I'll probably have the next chapter up in a few weeks. If only I didnt have to sleep.

15. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I don't see anything inappropriate in SBW's stories ... or any of the others for that matter. Though I am afraid that I take the view that children are a little too shielded from stuff they need no protection from ... and too many get little or no protection from things they should never have to worry about.

16. surprised_by_witches

You're absolutely right. Maybe I'm more afraid she won't like it. ;)

17. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

She'll love it, believe me.

I shaved my legs today.

I have NO shame. Isn't that a sin? Aren't we supposed to have humility?

Oh well. My Mother never feeds me, never mind tries to teach me how to get to Heaven.

18. surprised_by_witches

So, pop a pie in the oven, luv, you're a big girl now. ;)

I didn't shave my legs, hee hee ...

And, thanks.

19. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

What's an oven?

20. surprised_by_witches

So, are you just being sarcastic or do you call it something different in the UK? I love that what we call a stove is a "cooker" there ... makes me laugh. I think a car should be called a "driver" and a floor should be called a "walker" and a bed should be called a "sleeper ..." hee hee ...

Lynet: I started a thread called How to Clone a Sim and now I realize I should have phrased it in the form of a question. I have no idea how to do it, still, and I know you've done it a lot. If you have a moment, can you answer my question?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.