So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I wonder sometimes if most people really notice all the animals in the city, other than the rats and pigeons. I lived in the city for many years. Saw a raccoon once, and even a fox. :shocked: Lots of squirrels, of course. Downtown Baltimore is really noisy just after the sun sets because huge numbers of starlings gather along every ledge on every building. I think some falcons have made a nest on the top ledge of one of the very tall buildings. The falcons feed on the pigeons. Occasionally the newspaper talks about it, usually when baby falcons hatch.

Oops, lunch over. Back to work. :eek:

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

out here you see the usual possums along the freeway, along with an occasion cyote (I can't spell for beans this morning) but we have perigrin falcons, redtailed hawks, eagles. and a huge number of smaller birds. and you don't want to tangle with the raccoons. they get biiiiigg.

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

LOL, Michelle. I didn't know it was a raccoon at first when I saw the big round shadow moving across the blinds late one night. 'Bout scared me to death. When the shadow moved away I took a peek and saw the raccoon lumbering along the top of the brick wall around the yard (tiny city yard.) The street lamp had made his shadow a whole lot bigger than he was. :eek:

But I'm sure your raccoons are WAY bigger. :eek:

Oh. Mirelly, that is a fantastic avatar. Whoa! Bet you had fun taking THAT picture.

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Can't you tell? ;) Blow a raspberry into my neck and I'll follow you anywhere ... well maybe not you personally ... oh heck! I was happy when I took that picture this morning then this afternoon came and in the space of an hour I watched my nationalist fervour get rained all over as first the team captain hobbled off with a foot injury followed quickly by the team's main striker who was sent off for stamping on the crotch of an enemy (ur scratch that :eek: ) I meant to say opposing team player. As a punishment, it seemed a trifle harsh to me ... although deliciously ironic ... you gotta have a lot of cojones to stamp on the family jewels of a Portuguese defender. After that it was all downhill. I shall shortly be applying for citizenship of a country that has a outside chance of winning the World Cup as soon as I can whittle down the shortlist a little. At the moment I have a choice of every nation on the planet except England :mad:

5. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Hehe, nice avatar, Mirelly.

6. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Yesterday we had an awful thunder/lightning storm in our area, and I know that some of my other friends in the UK had storms too. Well, today I just read that there were 2 teens struck by lightning in my area - one is seriously ill in the burns unit. Several buildings were also struck by lightning. It's just horrible! Yesterday we saw fork lightning and extremely loud thunderclaps and bangs. Of course, I was hiding and wailing like a baby.... it doesn't surprise me though about the teens and the buildings being struck. It was one of the worst storms I have seen here for a long time.

7. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yikes!!! :eek: Glad you're OK.

This weather has been GREAT for my flowers. Here are some pictures. I'm not sure why they turn out so *** dinky, sorry.

Attached Files:

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

More storms forecast here for tonight and tomorrow :eek:

Nice flowers SB ... I lurv water-lilies ... haven't had a garden with a pond for years ... maybe I'll dig one out ... should be good exercise if nothing else.

9. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

Yeah, I love the pond SBW. I tried to make one on the island we used to live on, with a shovel and a bit of tarp. Mum was not happy, I can tell you.

A bit of bad news, a 6 year old girl was run down and killed on the island I used to live on, which will be devastating for the community. We don't know the family though, we moved from there a long time ago, but all our friends are pretty shocked.

And a bit of good news, I might be doing a student exchange in 2008.

Weather at the moment is hot, hot, and humid. Not a cloud in the sky...

10. vannmarie

vannmarie New Member

Help

I joined this Forum in case anyone can help me. I just installed an expansion pack and in the process lost my original SIMS. Does anyone know where I can get a free download for it??? Thanks!

11. surprised_by_witches

Sorry, that's illegal. We can't help you. If you still have the box you can contact EA for a replacement disk, which would be cheaper than buying it outright.

Otherwise, you're going to have to buy a new one.

12. surprised_by_witches

So what's new with me is my car is falling apart. We drove "up north" last weekend and the tailpipe fell off. Fortunately, it broke down right in front of a house owned by a lot of guys who were interested in cars. It was like a clown car, only a house: this little tiny house and no less than 6 or 7 men spilled out of it, willing to give us a hand.

They hooked it back up and we held it on with baling wire, which is how it is right now. It's "ahem" a bit noisy. :D

It's still a good car, it's just getting old. You can drive a Honda forever, and believe me, I'm trying. I've had this car for 14 years.

We made it home in one piece. I even drove to a meeting today. Tomorrow the car goes to the "car doctor."

It's always something. :rolleyes:

13. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Yesterday there was an awesome storm...way to celebrate July 4th. Our cable line fell down into the street and we lost the internet for about a day...not cool.

Did I mention it on the forums yet? If not...I lost all my sims files. Normally I wouldn't care that much, because, hey, I get a fresh start with all the pre-made sims and such, and I can work harder at keeping my Downloads folder below 500 MB full...but then I've been working on my Zephyr Family Legacy for more than four months now. :(

14. surprised_by_witches

Oh noooo!!! I love your Zephyr family. That's terrible. :(

I'm going to invest in a jump drive soon. PDL is just under one gig, less than that if I don't save the pictures. That way I can back it up.

They're not very much. If your computer has a USB slot, you can use one.

15. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Just curious, Mirelly...something new in your life? You seem more than usually chipper.

Or maybe I just laugh too easy this week because I'm on vacation. :rolleyes: I'll be in Staunton, Virginia, Friday thru Sunday, then back to the usual grind on Monday, but at the moment, Thursday night, I'm feeling GOOD and MELLOW.

16. surprised_by_witches

I thought maybe she had some great new drugs that she might want to share with the rest of us. :D

Oooooh, a real vacation. Me jealous. Me never get to go anywhere not relative related.

Me tired. Can you tell? Time for a little Buffy, then bed.

Happy vacation, you lucky duck! Hope you have a wonderful time.

17. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

man her avatar and yours.... is this still for general audiences?

18. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Eh? What? Oh, hello ... :eek: Me? Just the same as always. New? Nah. Just making more of an effort. LOL at Michelle.

19. Lynet

Lynet New Member

It is relative related -- my brother's farm. :rolleyes: But this is the hardworking, happy brother that I'm visiting. Good times are expected.

And thanks. I'm sure we will have a wonderful time.

Good one, Michelle. Maybe you and I should try to keep up. Our avatars are too sweet for this site.

And Mirelly, your good humor always entertains. As for there being nothing new in your life, I guess I don't really believe you. ;) No matter, I'll just let my little old imagination run wild. The good news is, most of my imagination I keep secret anyway. :cool:

BTW, I've been working on Ironsides. It's taken hours and hours to go to every house in the village and disarm the populace and buy them outfits to wear to the king's wedding. Most of them aren't even invited, but you never know, they might crash the party. And weapons aren't allowed.

Oh my, it's 7:40+ am and I haven't eaten my cereal yet. I'm starving and have to pack. See y'all later guys.

20. surprised_by_witches

LOL. Disarm the populace. Brings all sorts of interesting images to mind.

As for my avatar, hey, they're on a date in a public place. Can I help it he went in his jammies? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.