So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Populace safely disarmed of sharp hardware, SBW (still laughing at thought of removing arms and legs) :p .

I'm back from Virginia and worked on my story for awhile this evening but I'm too tired to write tonight. Will probably try to catch up tomorrow.

If Alison is around, then I thank you for your enthusiastic comments about Ironsides. :D It's always appreciated a whole lot.

2. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

I'm going to Canada all by my lonesome to spend a few days with the long distance boyfriend. Big step for me, and I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Have a week to prepare...:eek:

3. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Canada is awesome. I want to move there when I grow up. :D

4. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

Yes Vancouver is a beautiful place. :D

5. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Ooooh Lynet - couldn't have said that better myself! I need a CHANGE in my life! Feel free to come visit Minneapolis! SBW, Shana and I would be pleased to show you around!

Sorry to answer an old reply in this thread, but I'm just catching up...Been abit busy the last few weeks...Did I say I needed change? We'll I guess I'm getting it! I will be moving in a few weeks to a place that is about a third of the size of our current digs...So besides packing, there is a LOT of downsizing going on...For you locals, this means MAJOR Garage Sale!

To add to that, My mom, sister and nephew came up over the Fourth to "help" pack...

And then there's the job...I've been working on this KILLER project, trying to get things finished up so I don't have my Trainers standing in front of classes in Manilla with nothing to train with! The week before last, I put in 51 Hours in THREE days! (Worked from 5:30am until 11pm or midnite for THREE DAYS Straight! - Then I had a week's "Vacation" which mostly consisted of sorting and packing!)

If I survive the month, it will be a miracle!

PS, Lynet - if you DO visit Minneapolis, better make it after September - I think I will be worthless until then!

6. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

Where to post, where to post...

Sorry for disrupting the flow of the thread. :eek:
    In University, there are some dorms that boast of 14 rooms, yet the limit is 8 sims per lot... Or is it?

No worries Lynet :)

7. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

You can only play up to 8 of the sims in the dorm. There will be 14 sims living there, but the remainder will be "dormies."

You're never useless, Sacha, but oy vey what a schedule. I guess us Minnesotans will have to wait until Sept. for a get together.

My July is pretty much shot, getting ready for the wedding and things are picking up at work, which means more hours (yeah!).

Gotta go get ready for work.

Lynet, I would LOVE it if you came for a visit. That goes for all the friends I've made here. You want to come to Minneapolis, you just give me the word and I'll straighten the guest room for you. :)

8. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Maybe even October! But at least the wether will be nicer! (I don't know about you, but the 100 degrees they are predicting for this weekend is NOT making me happy!)

Y'all might want to take her up on that...She has a WAY COOL house!

9. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

I know this is pretty much off topic, but I found a spelling error in "The Sims 2 University Manual".

Page 1, first paragraph...

I know, I have way too much time on my hands.

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL Alison. No errors in my UK edition ... ;)

11. surprised_by_witches

Thanks! I like it. It's small but it's interesting.

And small is easier to clean, not that you'd know it by me. :p

I notice spelling mistakes too, Alison, and I always wonder why they didn't take the time to have someone proof it. It's one thing if it's in a manual. It's another if it's in neon. :rolleyes:

12. Lynet

Lynet New Member

*sigh* I SO want to come to Minneapolis. Still hoping.

13. surprised_by_witches

That would be peachy keen with ice cream on top. :D

I'm completely knackered today. That's what I get for staying up past midnight playing sims when I had to be at work at 7:15.

Biiiiig yawn.

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL I was up late last night, too.

15. surprised_by_witches

Maybe you got it because Mitzi was the 20th friend? I've never had that happen, either, though. Weird ...

Hey, you deleted the rest of your message ...

16. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LMAO ... the same thing happens to me too often. I culled the bit about Mizzi out cos I decided it was TS2 related and was therefore on-topic rather than off-topic ... though thinking about it again ... I couldn't really have been more off-topic if I'd tried ... and I am very tired.

It's Mizzi by the way ... but you got the pronounciation right ;) Kariba, 3 Gorges and Hoover ... I can't stop yawning today. Hate it when the yawns are so fierce they make my eyes water.

17. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

here's a picture of the sky over lynnwood WA today... hums to self

Attached Files:

18. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Gorgeous, Michelle. I'm always looking at clouds and thinking I'd like to take a picture. I've put my camera in a drawer for a rest. My hard drive is too weighed down for any more pictures of trees and clouds. :(

19. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

It's such a lovely periwinkle color...I like it better than our sky. Ours is more like robin egg blue. I looked all over my computer for a picture and all I could find is this. It was one of those test pictures to see if the camera was working, and it's from behind a window. Still, it conveys the message.

Attached Files:

20. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

What beautiful... skies :p The scenery looks nice too.

Why do there seem to be so many Ebay advertisements around? And all the advertisements are ridiculous anyway, selling cheap twins and cheap Maningrida's...

Speakin' of Maningrida, we're going there for a holiday to visit some friends on Monday. Now you're all scratching your heads wondering where on earth Maningrida is... :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.