So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Somewhere in Australia? :p

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

leaving early in the am for missouri... can't believe the weddings on saturday. but no sims for me for a week or so. be good everyone.

3. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Can't promise anything, but I'll try.

Have fun!!!!! And stay safe.

While I'm at it I may as well say stay in school, fishies.

4. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I'm so glad to hear that you're going to the wedding! Give your daughter a big congrats from the rest of us here at world sims!

I'm in a wedding on the 29th this month...down in Raleigh NC...Kristal, ya hear? NC, I'll be there! Anyone else down in that area?

5. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

Well, I just had a bout with viral (meaning it came from a virus) bronchitis and a little pneumonia, but I am essentially better now.:D My cough is still pretty bad, but that's what economy packs of Halls brand cough drops are for.:rolleyes: If only I had of this computer I am on right now, I could play SimCity 4 AND The Sims 2 at the same time!:D I am going to a Saint Paul Saints game four days from now. The Saints are the local minor league team, even though they are not in the minor league system of any MLB franchise.

6. surprised_by_witches

What's new is my cat died last night. We put her to sleep. She collapsed and couldn't move. The vet said she probably had a heart attack.

She would have been 21 on August 1.

We will miss her.

7. djrules5454

Wow! 21?! My 18 pound cat would be lucky to make it past 12 at the rate she is losing weight (she's 8 now)! My other cat could make it there fairly easily, because she's an indoor, about-right-weight cat (she's also 8, but weighs 10 pounds).

Cats are awesome!:D

8. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

So sorry to hear that SBW, I hope witch baby is dealing okay with that. Loosing one pet is hard enough, and now two. *hugs* so sorry. You all can come over and play with our cats whenever you want to.

9. surprised_by_witches

You know, we just may take you up on that. She and I were with Wednesday when she died, and I think it was a good thing for her to see, how peaceful it was, but she was very sad. Some happy cat playing might be just the thing.

Of course if we visit you she'll be bugging me for kittens but I can deal.

As for her longevity, DJ, she was part siamese and always very svelt. She weighed less than 7 pounds in the prime of life and around 5 and a half as an elder. She couldn't gain weight if she tried. I called her my Audrey Hepburn cat.

She took very good care of herself right up to the end. The vet said she looked like a much younger cat. I just happen to know she was born in 1985 or I wouldn't have guessed it either.

Chalk it up to good genes. Her brother lived to be 16. We put him down a few years ago.

Yes, two pets in one year has been hard on the little witch, but she's dealing with it OK.

Better than me. I'm suddenly paranoid about the dog, who is my other baby. I'd be devastated if something happened to Izzy. She's just under four, and healthy.

Wednesday had a good long life and naturally we were expecting this eventually. No one lives forever.

10. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Sorry to hear that, SBW. Wednesday is a fantastic name. :)

11. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Sorry to hear about your cats, SBW. I sympathize completely. However much we know they can't live forever we still get used to having their faces around. My cat always, always met me at the door when I came home from work. Haven't quite gotten used to not seeing him there, even though it's been more than a year. :cry:

But Izzy will be happy to give comfort. :)

12. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Sorry about your cat SBW. :( It's very upsetting when it happens so suddenly, such a shock. Some time ago now, our family cat fell ill very suddenly, almost overnight, and my mum took her to the vet, and came back in tears becuase the vet said she had to be put to sleep. None of us expected it and the cat had been with us for 16 years. She was awesome.

13. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

So sorry about Wednesday, SBW! She always seemed to be a sweet little thing! What Shana said goes for me too...Once we get settled into my new place, feel free to bring Witch Baby over to play with the cats! Blackthorne, especially, would love it - He LOVES to play, and is intrigued by children. (And if she gets bored with the cats, there's always the Harry Potter Lego Castles to play with!)

Anyway, take it easy and treat yourself and your wee one to something special...We will be thinking of you...

14. surprised_by_witches

Thank you everyone. It is weird not having her around. We buried her in the backyard tonight (she spent the last 24 hours in the fridge, in a box decorated by Witch Baby). We opened up the box to say goodbye and I burst into tears. She looked very peaceful, though. We decided to bury the box with her. It seemed only right.

Witch Baby and I are going to go watch Harry Potter now.

(She'd love to come play with your castle, Sacha. Anything H.P. related ... )

15. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Oh, SBW. Give my hugs to Witch Baby, and some for you as well.

To lose one pet is bad enough, but for two to go - it's such a shame. I really feel for you.

And - Wedneday? Such a cool name! How did you think of naming her Wednesday?

16. person123

Sorry to sound insensitive, but I just had to share this with someone...

My friend So-Hee instant-messaged me just now with a conversation she had with her crush, Ed, after she --I fixed all the text speak for your benefit, by the way. The blue and red is her conversation with Ed, and the black is us talking:

SH:ok. im totally sorry i freaked out on you
    SH:but do you know WHY i freaked out on you?
    Ed:yea
    SH:=(
    Ed:it's a j o k e
    SH:its not f u n n y
    Ed: i don't know why you take it seriously
    SH:well i have my reason. =/
    Ed: lol
    SH: -.-"
    SH: ..
    SH: MY ***ING REASON IS THAT I LIKE YOU, YOU DENSE POOP
    SH:* sobb*
    Me: ...
    Me: lol
    Me: the dramatic life of a 13 year old...

I try not to tangle myself up in the complicated web of relationships my friends like to form. :rolleyes:

17. surprised_by_witches

Gee, I can see why.

Thanks for that rare insight into the life of a tween. I think.

18. surprised_by_witches

Izzy's been acting really weird since Wednesday died. She won't go on the grass in our backyard. She just stays on the porch.

So today my husband threw her outdoors and told her to go play.

He said about twenty minutes later he heard her howling so he went outside to see why.

She was sitting on the cat's grave, howling her heart out.

I didn't even know she liked the cat.

I feel bad that I didn't let her see the body. I was afraid she'd try to eat it. I think now that I should have let her say goodbye.

Poor puppy.

19. person123

That's so sad...Animals always seem to have some sense of perception beyond our understanding.

20. djrules5454

What's new is that I've been waiting for my friend to call so I can go over and play baseball. He usually calls when we've got enough of the required people to play, which is usually 2 from each team. Apparently, he's still the only one home on his street.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.