So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

As gross as it all sounds, it does sound like fun at the same time. Enjoy it!

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Ray and I are flying to texas for the weekend... so he can play guitar with some of his newsgroup buddies. see you all monday nite late

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Hope you have a safe flight, and a fun trip! "See" you when you get back.

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Have a wonderful weekend, Michelle!!!!

And SBW, I love the names that you and Witch Baby give to the pets. Such imagination. In our family, I had a cat once named Spot. :rolleyes: Her sister was Spit. The last couple of cats were named Bony and Sunny (both born male, although you know how it is, they don't end up that way. :p)

It's almost 11 pm in my town. I'd better go to bed. I've been up way to late most of this week. *yawning really big here*

5. surprised_by_witches

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to Sims Pets. I have so many names I want to use.

This will be great. Pets I don't have to clean up after. :p

And now, to bed. Eleven o'clock just reached me here, stretching its inky fingers across our nation like a blanket.

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

ROTFL

And good morning, folks. The sun is now on its way. :sun:

7. Dylan00

Dylan00 Hello ^_^

Talking Of Pets, I got a new Kitten:)

(Her name is Vezzy)

8. surprised_by_witches

Awwww ,,, what does she look like? I love kittens.

Post a picture if you get a chance.

9. Dylan00

Dylan00 Hello ^_^

I cant get a Pic because my Digi cam is broken,
    But shes a Little tabby with white paws,:)

10. Sylla

Sylla New Member

I just finished building myself a new comp! I can now play sims with out my textures dying in 5 minutes and I'm so pleased with myself for making it from just a bunch of parts into my dream machine.

On another note, my 8 year old has chicken pox and I expect the other two to soon follow.. Gonna be a fun week!

11. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Chicken pox! Aaargh! I remember when my two had that. Poor miserable little things. I sympathize, Sylla.

12. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I thought there was Chicken pox vaccines.

13. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

yes but it's still optional unlike dpt etc.

fun trip but the return took about 12 hours because of storms in Houston. 15-18 inches in about 10 hours. it was wet. didn't know about it at all until we got to airport in austin. when we got into seattle Ray met a couple while waiting for luggage, returning from mexico whose transport home cancelled on them so we gave them a ride to their park n ride lot in Purdy. opposite direction from us... but couldn't leave them stranded at the airport. so got home about 3 this morning.

glad to be back. no pets for me til payday. :cry:

14. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

What's new with me is that I'm joining NaNoWriMo! It stands for National Novel Writing Month, which is November. Every year there's a contest where people sign up and try to write a 50,000 word novel (the correct term is novella, but novel sounds so much more impressive) between November 1st and November 30th. It's a way for people who are always thinking, "One day I'd like to write a novel," to actually do it, without worrying about the actual quality of the novel. Quantity over quality.

I'm really excited about this! It sounds like a lot of fun, and even though the result will probably be really bad, I'd love to be able to say I finished a novel. This also means I won't be on the forums as much in November--all the free time I will have will go into writing.

15. Lynet

Lynet New Member

That's wonderful, 123. You'll have fun. I hope you win but we'll all cheer for you here whether you win a prize or not. :goldmedal: < Here's medal for you just for entering the contest.

16. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Well, the only criteria for winning is reaching 50,000 words by November 30th. The people who are in charge of the program don't even judge your novel or anything. Still, 50,000 words is a great accomplishment.

17. Lynet

Lynet New Member

50,000 words? Piece of cake. :D

18. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Cool! I've got a friend who was doing that this year. (SBW, I think you know him too!) You GO, 123 - What a great experience that will be for you!

19. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Hey Sach and SBW, and anyone else in Minnesota metro area I might add...would you all mind keeping your eyes open for jobs in cust. service/clerical for me? I just got laid off today and now I'm searching even harder for a new job.

I'm doing okay with it as of right now since I was planning on leaving there soon anyway, I just wanted a job lined up first! At least this way I get some (not much) severence pay. It still sucks to be unemployed though, and my benefits of course end the 31st, so I hope I can find something new soon.

20. surprised_by_witches

Good job! I'm happy for you about the computer, not about the pox.

Hope your kids get through it without driving you batty. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.