So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

"But I didn't eat the salmon pate ... "

2. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

I have that song on my iPod and always have to laugh out loud when it randomly plays. People sitting around me on the train tend to move surreptitiously away...:rolleyes:

3. surprised_by_witches

"Always look on the bright si-i-ide of death ...

Even as you draw your terminal breath ... "

Hee hee ... I'd probably be laughing right along with you, Sacharissa.

Speaking of which, we should get together again. Do you and Shana do the drinks thing, or am I the only bad girl in the group?

Ike's makes a mean cocktail.

4. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

LOL sorry to drift off from the Life of Brian - but Holy Grail? Any takers?

Bridgekeeper: What...is your name?

Galahad: Sir Galahad...

Bridgekeeper: What...is your quest?

Galahad: To seek the Grail...

Bridgekeeper: What...is your favorite color?

Galahad:Blue! ... NO!

YELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!!!!

5. surprised_by_witches

What is the average flight speed of an unladen swallow?

African or European?

I don't know. AAAAAAAAAA!!!

Witch Baby loves that movie, as does her Mama. We do the "Hallo, Mrs. Premise" routine all the time, as well. (Not from that movie, I know.)

Bin shoppin?

Noooo, bin shoppin.

6. babewithbrains_14

I love the 'Knights of The Round Table' routine. I know all the words!

7. surprised_by_witches

We are sad little monkeys, aren't we.

8. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

The Setting: A college classroom my Senior year. My roommate and I are ready to give our presentation on Lord Byron's poetry. My roommate is sitting at the table when I come into the room holding a bag. My roommate begins, in her best Monty-Python-Old-Woman voice...
    Roommate: Hello Mrs. Smoker.
    Me: Hello Mrs. Non-Smoker.
    Roommate: Been shopping?
    Me: No - I've been shopping!

We then proceeded a Monty-python-esque discussion regarding Lord Byron, which eventually ended up with my roommate wearing Christmas-Lights on her head - plugged in and blinking, of course! (She was a looney! She needed a new brain!), and me wearing a pair of alien antenae (the economy model brain).

I later discovered that a friend of mine was walking down the hall and discovered a swarm of Freshmen peering into the class wondering just WHAT the class was! She looked in, saw me and my roommate, and said:
    Hmmm - Looks like Nineteenth Century British Lit!

I've often wondered how many of those Freshies signed up for that class the next year! ;)

PS - We both got an "A" for the class!:D

9. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

On occasion...Though I often end up with a Shirley Temple or Ginger Ale as alcohol tends to put me to sleep...Yep, two drinks and I'm under the table! (Though an occasional Fuzzy Navel or other frou-frou drink is quite nice!:( D

10. surprised_by_witches

Of course, Shana also offered up her pool, which appeals to my kid and her father ... they can swim while we talk sim. Hey, that rhymes.

11. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

have I ever told you what happened the night my next door neighbor (who was a bartender), introduced me to Dirty Mothers?

12. surprised_by_witches

No, but now I want to know. You can't leave it there!

13. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Yes - Do Tell!

While we're waiting, here are a few more Python Memories...
    King: Someday son, all this will be yours!
    Prince: What? The Curtains?
    And my personal favorite Movie Cue:
    Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
    This is supposed to be a HAPPY occasion!
    (Had that last one printed on a T-Shirt once - got lot's of attention with it!!!:( rolleyes:

14. babewithbrains_14

LOL I love the King and Son routine! The freaky Frenchmen always make me giggle as well - but I'd say my fave bits from that bit were the 'I'll bite your ankles!' scene, The Knights of the Round table bit, the killer rabbit - oh forget. We'll be here all night. :D

But I would have to say that IMHO Life of Brian is the best.

15. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I had a call from the painters this morning (9:30 am). They're showing up Monday morning around 7:30 am. I'm going to have to disconnect my computer from the internet and move it to the basement, out of the way of dripping paint. I'll be able to plug it in to play sims (me and the spiders) but I'll be off line. :( Obviously (as I am now) I can check in with Worldsims while at work but only for a quick moment now and then. Bummer. My husband wants huge amounts of painting done, inside and out. I'm going to try to get my computer room done first, or at least early in the job. :eek:

I wrote another chapter for Ironsides last night but didn't have time to put it up yet. They still haven't gone to the cemetery yet. I'm hoping I can get them there before Sunday. :eek:

This is so stressful. I don't mind living with peeling paint--it adds something homey to the atmosphere--but my husband really doesn't like it. :rolleyes:

16. surprised_by_witches

We do our own painting, which means it takes years! :p

Oh, the luxury of having someone do it for you ... of course, your kids are grown and mine's still underfoot. I'm definitely still in my salad days. No bowling alley on my roof, LOL.

Oh, speaking of which, I get this really funny glitch where the ball rolls through the air above my sims heads. No lane, or person throwing it, just the ball, like a large lost period.

17. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I used to do all my own painting. Did it for years. But my husband has continuing problems with his shoulders. He had an MRI recently and the doctor has recommended physical therapy to relieve some problem or other with the 'rotator cuff' in his left shoulder. And some other problem with a disc in his neck affects his right shoulder. :( Seems like he's always hurting somewhere, poor guy.

And he's one of those types who'd take the paint brush away from me in order to do it 'right' :rolleyes: if I were to start in on it myself. So if he's willing to pay for it I'm not going to complain. To him, anyway. I'll complain freely and frequently around here, if y'all can stand it. :D

p.s. Even the way I load the dishwasher makes him crazy. So he does it. I sure ain't complaining about THAT, you can bet your bippy. :)

18. surprised_by_witches

Hmmmm ... you're going to throw things at me for asking this, but is he a Virgo by any chance? :D

Hey, complain away. What are friends for?

19. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LMAO :D

SB's right Lyn. Feel free to complain all you like ... we won't be able to hear you after Sunday night anyway.

Was it Lyn with the splitters, BTW? Seems to me that someone should be asking for the Easter Bunny to bring her a wireless network and a dedicated DSL line ... *ducks a hail of assorted objects thrown by various lurking humbugging types* :rolleyes:

20. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Yes - I had my mother convinced that I was UNABLE to use the washing machine WITHOUT flooding the basement. I only had the one incident, but apparently that was enough.

Worked pretty well, though, as I did not have to do any laundry through out Junior High and Senior High school, and even well into my college years! :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.