So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Jasmine is soooooooo cute....

moved my downloads out when I added Pets then moved the file back in.... missing so much stuff. guess I have to find a new cep... funny how fast everything boots up when the other stuff isn't around tho.

my daughter blew an engine in her car... trying to figure out how to get her another car w/o driving ours to missouri over thanksgiving.

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Wow, 123! You've got 11,341 words already? And you only need 50,000, right? And it's November 5, with all the rest of the month yet to go. Outstanding! Good work. Guess that's why you haven't been around here very much. :D

Aargh, Michelle. There's always Western Union. ;)

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Direct Deposit :D. Find two banks that are the same and relay money that way :p...

Or wire it...or better yet, mail her a chargecard :D with enough purchasing power for one car :p

Or...make her come home and buy a car and have her drive it back to MO :p

4. suitemichelle

the other option is to check the boeing classifieds from the StLouis area and have them drive the car to Moberly.... well maybe.

5. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

That is MOST IMPRESSIVE, 123! Isn't your goal 50,000 words? You are over 20% complete and November isn't even a week gone! A BIG Thumbs Up for you!!!(y)

6. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I guess it is pretty good, but I only pushed myself to get that much because I know it'll be a lot harder to get those words out towards the middle of the month. The initial enthusiasm is gone, and the one-week-left-and-I-still-have-a-lot-to-go-to-reach-50,000 enthusiasm hasn't arrived either. :eek: I already found myself slowing down today, and it took some extra time to think of what to write to reach the daily 2000.

7. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Wow, I missed a lot. Ooh, aah, 123. Good for you.

And a big awwwwwwww on the cute baby!

We went to see my 3 year old niece (and oh yeah, her parents, LOL) last night and as we were leaving she said, "Zip up! It's cold outside."

So precocious! Her Mama gave me a manicure so I look like an actual adult right now. :p

I love my new job but it's taking the mickey out of me, as the Brits would say. I worked out after work today, then picked up Witch Baby and we went to the library like we do every Monday, and then I took her out to eat for dinner. We have a local family restaurant we like, although the service is terrible. The food is good, and cheap. Then we came home to wake up her daddy for work.

We just got home about an hour ago. I'm beat!

The dog is so bored now that I'm working full time. We're hoping to get cats soon to liven up her life a little.

8. person123

Oh, it's great you take Witch Baby to the library every week. I wish my parents had been able to do that for me when I was her age. :(

9. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Speaking of libraries, I finally got to the new Minneapolis Library Downtown! Way cool! I intend to stop in a couple of times a week, if possible. You may find me curled up next to the fireplace in the Literature section, with my PowerBook, taking advantage of the free WiFi! Or perhaps sipping a cuppa in the coffee shop while getting a start on whatever I've checked out that day. I am sad that they will be closing it down on Mondays! (Silly politicians!:( (

Hey SBW! Been wondering how that new job is going! We should do lunch sometime, now that you're in my neck of the woods, so to speak!

By the way, if you want to test out how your new puppy does with cats, just let me know! We may be looking for a good cat-sitter over the holidays!:D

10. surprised_by_witches

I'd love to do lunch. I think we're right across the street from each other. Let's PM each other with the particulars.

My "puppy" is 4 years old and pretty used to cats ... if you need a sitter let's discuss!

I've decided on a cat breed, I think, but they're not easy to find! It's called a Somali. Here's a thread.

Aren't they adorable?

I want to sim today but I've got a million RL things to do. Oh, well.

11. person123

Does anyone else love socks as much as I do? My dormant obsession was reawakened today when I found the link to an awesome website in a magazine: http://www.sock-dreams.com/_shop/edit/index.php They have SO MANY SOCKS! I used to buy a lot of argyle and striped socks a few years ago, but then I kind of ran out of money and I stopped...now I just HAVE to have more! I especially love striped thigh-high socks.

12. surprised_by_witches

You are so cute I can't even stand it. :p

Sock obsession. That's a new one to me.

13. person123

:D As you can see from the website, it's not only little 13 year olds who enjoy long striped socks.

Enclosed are pictures of my sock-clad legs.

Attached Files:

14. suitemichelle

oh my goodness... those legs belong in "myspace.com"

15. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

I know a couple of Sock-obsessed people - My roommate, for one - The wilder the better as far as she is concerned! And, interestingly enough, my college-age nephew is another! He has been collecting weird socks since grade school! He especially covets toe socks!

Thanks for the link, 123! I will have to pass this info on!:D

16. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

*sigh* I'm upset because the publisher for my favorite magazine has announced that they won't publish it anymore. :(

RIP OPM. :cry:

The online community for that magazine have been up in arms over the news. It's like going to a funeral everytime I visit that forum. :eek:

I'm not sure what I'll do for my Playstation news. What's worse is that I subscribe to the mag and I'm not sure where the $ will go (I'm assuming they'll give me another magazine in its place :-/ ).

In other news, my first semester of college is winding down and I've been using Sims as a way to, well, wind down. :eek: That and the WoW Burning Crusade Beta...;)

17. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

sorry for asking but what is the "myspace.com"?

j/k! :p

18. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

@Chee-Z

why not try other mags like EGM or Tips and Tricks or sumthng...or better yet, look online! There are lots of sites out there that are very accessible.

19. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Oh, man. Whenever the conversation around here starts to get interesting I have to leave. Gotta scrub the house. We're having a houseguest the week after next and we won't be here next weekend to clean. :hissyfit:

OK, back to work. :(

20. suitemichelle

myspace only because that's the only one I've heard of ... I am so ooooollllllllldddddd!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.