So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

I won a chance to be in a Question/Answer chat with a webcomic artist/writer (the guy that does VGCats, more specifically). It was very interesting. I would've asked him more questions but it was on an X-Fire chat thing and the question channel was flooded with questions. I'm not sure how the poor guy was able to find anything worthwhile to answer, since a lot of it was fanboyism and stupid questions like "How I mine for fish!?" and "Will you have my babies!?"

I have an essay to write for English on a career that I am interested in. I'm supposed to do field research, which means I have to interview people. This guy's job seemed pretty neat, since I like to draw and all and it's a form of communication, but the fellow doesn't do interviews over email since he gets flooded with that too! I wonder if I can use this chat as a source...? The actual guy was there, it's not like it's taking a Wiki article. :rolleyes:

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Well, if he was answering questions I'd say you could use the chat as a source material. It's not like you weren't there, either ... :p

3. Chee-Z

Hehe exactly. :D

4. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Found a fun new website to try out...tests your quickness in finding and counting to 33. No need to click on the numbers, just run your mouse over the top to get rid of it.

http://flash.abunawaf.com/2005/12/game33.swf

I got 40 seconds on my first try...what did you get?

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Of course 40 seconds is a very good time. I am very old and almost ready for the scrap yard so I couldn't beat that ... eh? Oh ... 90 seconds :eek: but I did spend almost half a minute looking for number 2 ... reminded me of potty training my youngest :rolleyes:

6. Chee-Z

In the morning, 66 secs. *yawns* :eek:

7. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Hmmm, my first attempt was a high 87, and the second attempt was 60 seconds. :eek:

8. MegRen

MegRen New Member

First try - 58 seconds, second try - 40 seconds. Woohoo!! I found on the second try that if I just kept the mouse in the very center at the beginning, it just busted 1-5 for me. Is that cheating? :D

9. mr.music

mr.music Need a DJ?

18 seconds :eek:

:D WINNER lol. :D no i dunno 18 seconds must be good though....right?

10. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

i got 77.
    i couldnt find 13 for the longest time, it held me up maybe 15 secs.

11. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Serious! Wow; great job! This was actually posted on a wedding forum website that I frequent and the lowest someone got there was 24 and we were all amazed...18 is excellent! Way to go!

12. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

couldn't resist... 88 I couldn't find #2 either. This is the first I felt like being on the computer all week. been in bed with the flu. bleh bleh.

13. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

What's new is we're in the middle of a snowstorm! Our first of the year.

It's cozy and warm inside, not so much out!

14. Chee-Z

Crazy weather we've been having here. Last weekend it snowed an inch, this weekend it reached a high of 55-60F. :eek:

15. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

Its been crazy here it poured the whole of yesterday, and its really been windy here in missouri, *turns to window* and yep looks like its gonna rain again. Also looks like one of our smaller trees is gonna blow over.

16. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

I also discovered today that our local wallyworld wont be carrying TS2 Seasons until Thurs. Which really hacks me off because you guys will get it before me. (insert angry face here) Maybe i will try bust buy. And Curcit City. But i will never surrender!

17. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

The best bit about getting internet access back is finding all those wee snippets taht normally get missed.

My fave TV prog at the moment is Life on Mars, for the simple reason that it appeals on so many levels: cop-show, time-travel, mystery, romance. I remember back before it began posting here to the effect that it would be fun to see a US version (what a gas to see Gary Sinise mysteriously whisked back to the 1970's and wrestling with a no-nonsense cop in the mould of Kojak ....

Oh yes please. :D

18. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I buy mine at Target. They give you a great discount and usually have it a day early. :eek:

I've got all my simmies ready, though I'm playing the PDL college house, as those who read my story can probably tell.

My backyard is a winter wonderland. My dog was so funny today. She's only four and the past few winters haven't been that harsh so she's not really used to deep snow. She's shorter than the snow piled up in the backyard, and was waddling through it like, what the heck is this?

We were all out shoveling and she stayed close to me, which is what she does when she's freaked.

Silly puppy.

Mirelly and I simulposted! "Mine" in the first sentence means Sims EPs, not Gary Sinise.

19. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ah, if I could buy a Gary Sinise down at Target or even at Harrods ... could lfe get any better? <cough> It's only a cold I tell ya ... <splutter> <ague> and <shiver> ... I think that's rigor mortis in my neck ... how odd is that?

20. Chee-Z

I'll probably be getting my copy of Seasons next weekend, maybe even later. I have midterm exams that I *should* be studying for. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.