So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

That's right, young lady! You've had your fun...now it's time to get back to work! That story won't write itself, you know! ;) (You kind of left us hanging, there! Looking forward to finding out what comes next!)

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Lol, Sacha. :winks: Well, I've written 2 chapters and I'm working on the 3rd. I haven't posted them here yet; I gotta get some pics. I hope they solve all your problems. :D

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

The mice have headed for the hills since we got the kitten, and by that I don't mean they left. I mean they headed UP. Yesterday I put on a sweater that was hanging on a hook (it gets cold in our house with our new A/C) and there was a freaking MOUSE in the sleeve!!!!! Major eeyeyewwwww moment. I still shiver thinking about it. I'm sure mousey was even more freaked than me. Sweater went in laundry. I went into hysterics. Mouse went under fishtank. Mouse is lucky kitten's still a baby.

Oh, sure, it's funny NOW.

4. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time...but sorry...as you, yourself stated, it's very funny now! I can't help thinking that once the kitten gets bigger and really starts to hunt them, where will the mice go? I mean, they can only go UP so far...:rolleyes:

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Oh, SBW, it IS funny but I get the shivers just thinking about it. You are going to view all clothes with a wary eye :eyepopping: for a while, I know.

But when Ellie gets big she'll scare the mice away from the house.

Lots of rain and thunderstorms around here lately. Yesterday the storm knocked out all cable service and for us that included the TV, the internet, and the telephone. What could I do with no TV, internet or telephone? Well, we still had electricity :wink: so the computer worked just fine.

6. surprised_by_witches

Poor you, forced to sim! :p

You're right, I view every sleeve and lining with deep suspicion now. It's true what they say: you never have "a" mouse.

We had interspecies cuddling last night: The kitten accidentally slid onto the dog (off of my lap) and lay there purring. The dog was a little freaked out, having never been purred on, but I told her it was OK and she stuck around. She seemed to like it.

They've started to play, too. Just a quick game of tag the other night, but it's very encouraging. And last night they played under the tablecloth peek-a-boo, with the cat under the table and the dog on the other side, batting at each other.

I'm so glad they like each other! A big reason for getting a cat was the dog was lonely.

7. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

That sounds to cute, SBW! I sometimes wish they could stay kittens forever! Of course then, you'd still have a mouse problem. *Sigh*

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Aaargh! I am sooooooo tired. I'm caught up in trying to hire someone to replace me when I leave for my new job, and I hate it. I think the very first woman we talked to would be perfect, but my boss still wants to talk to more people. Can't hire the FIRST one, can we? Of course not. We gotta see who else is out there. But I'm afraid that by the time we discover she's the best one she might have taken another job offer.

I just want to count the beans. I don't want to do the management/administration stuff. It's so IMMENSELY BORING.

OK, whining over. :eek: Maybe it would cheer me up to write some more about Mrs. Crumplebottom. :)

9. surprised_by_witches

Yes, that would really cheer you up! Wriiiite, wriiiite . . . :p

10. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Just get Hugz hired. Enough said :D

11. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Hugz would crack the whip and get this place in shape real fast. :yell:

I'm inclined to live and let live--do what you want as long as you don't bother me while I'm getting my own work done. Oh, and be quiet about it! :shhh:

12. surprised_by_witches

You probably wouldn't like it where I work, then. We're a lively crew. We all went out for drinks last night, and it was a lot of fun. This is the first job where I can say that without prevaricating. We tend to talk a lot and goof off a little but we get a ton done too. I feel very lucky to have found this job.

And speaking of that, I should get back to it. :eek:

13. surprised_by_witches

What's new is I seem to have gained a recognition point.

And, I learned to juggle! I can juggle scarves and nothing else, but it's a start!

And believe me, if I can juggle, anyone can!

14. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I think juggling is hard. I think I've tried it with bean bags...something that doesn't bounce. :rolleyes:

All five of us who participated in the Short Story contest got recognition points. That's why mine jumped up so much.

15. muffin-tacos

What's new with me is that I'm going to see a Shakespeare play with my cousins and brother in an hour. My sister was going to come too but she has more important things to do *rolls eyes* (well that's what she says anyway). The play is going to be outside so I have my fingers crossed that it's not going to rain! I'm not sure if I like the sound of this play but I guess I have to wait and see. :D

16. surprised_by_witches

Ooh! Which play? I'm a huge Shakespeare fan. :)

17. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Sounds like fun! My best friend and I are going to see Chicago tonight at the Ordway in downtown St. Paul....very excited!!!

18. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Great! Which play?

As for me, nothing so intellectual. I spent the entire day yesterday just playing with my sims. And I was not in Pleasantview or King Iven's Land. I just decided on the spur of the moment to create a new neighborhood with one lonely guy on a 5 x 5 empty lot. There's a shopping mall down the road.

No cheats at all. No Merola Multipainting...no money cheats. Nada for the poor wretch. He wooed and married a townie (I think she's the Brandi LeTourneau one--pink and white shirt, jeans and ponytail.)

Last night she gave birth to twins. I haven't had any sim babies since I installed Seasons. Now I see what the "fussy" business is all about.:rolleyes:

19. surprised_by_witches

get the patch. it helps. typing with kitten in lap sorry no caps. :D

is brandy a meanie? she had 2 nice points when i played her, just curious.

20. muffin-tacos

The Shakespeare play (A Midsummer Nights Dream) was great! The weather was wonderful during the play - it started raining when we were walking to the car (and the others had laughed at me for taking a raincoat. Hah, were they sorry :D).
    They had set up the play so that the audience had to get up and walk around a bit. They gave you free drink and little posh sandwiches - which was nice because the tickets costed a fortune! The play was very entertaining. There was always something good going on and I liked the way that the audience had to get up and walk around. Luckily, we had had a pick nick before the show so we had comfy cushions to sit on when there weren't any chairs around.
    They had some great actors as well (one of them reminded me a lot of Jack Black).

It was marvellous. :biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.