So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Oooo - A Midsummernight's Deam! One of my favorites. And how a propos to see it in an outdoor setting! Nice way to spend a summer evening - a little picninc, a little Shakespeare, and a lovely summer evening!

LOL, Lynet...Sound like you are starting a Legacy Challenge! I never ended up completing mine (victims of the GBFBVFS), but It's kind of a nice way to gain a refreshed inspiration in playing the game.

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I did have the Legacy Challenge in the back of my mind. Seasons adds an extra bit of spice. I was wondering whether or not he'd have a house built before winter started. :) Fortunately, he had a couple of more rooms built before then, although I did put cheap awnings over his bed and kitchen area in case it rained. (Does it rain in the fall?) The only room with a roof that he started out with was his bathroom. Now, however, he's got a small house with a pond deep enough for fishing, a wife, twin girls, a baby on the way, a couple of sickly tomato plants...everything a sim could want. :p

I set aside my stories for a couple of days because my son had a house guest this weekend (I can't write if there are people around all the time,) and because I have been a little stressed with my job. Interviews! I hate interviewing people. Some people just make me so sad to deal with -- they clearly have personal problems. Anyway, I have left a message this morning for the woman we would like to hire. I sincerely hope she is going to take the job. Haven't heard back from her yet. :(

And by the way, for SBW, my sim's wife is Brandi LeTourneau and in this neighborhood she's got 9 out of 10 neatness points and 5 out of ten niceness points. She's a knowledge sim and is doing just fine as Turpin's wife. By mistake, I had her propose marriage so it's a LeTourneau household. LOL, he's now Turpin LeTourneau.

3. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Oooo - I hadn't thought of the added dimension that Season's would create! (As I recall, my Legacy Sims did a lot of "camping out" in the beginning!) I may have to try that challenge again!

NOT until after August, however...I'm having enough trouble keeping up with my two Summer Literacy Competition entries!

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

And I have only one in the contest and it's winding down. Just need to get from point A to B in an interesting and believable (simwise) manner.

I did, however, leave poor Ben Waring wintering in a cabin in the mountains, and still plan for him to ultimately get together with his father, the great and awesome :D;):rolleyes::p Errol Waring.

p.s. The lady we hoped to hire has accepted the job and starts Monday. Whew! One big chore out of the way.

5. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Well, that's a relief! Now you won't have to feel so guilty about leaving your old job!

And I've been wondering about Old Ben, and hoping you'd get back to him after the contest...I wonder what he's been doing to keep himself busy over those long winter months..And it will be good to visit with Errol again...I have a great fondness for that old Sim...

6. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Whats new with me?
    I had coffee next to Russel Crow today and his wife and child. He goes to the same cafe as me lol. :D

7. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Cool. So, does he seem like a nice guy?

Congratulations, Lynet, on hiring your replacement. Not that anyone could replace you! I want to hear more about Errol and Ben, so I hope you have time to write more about them . . .

I finally got the time to read your story, Sacha. It's great! Of course, it's now 3:30 a.m. so I'd better get my butt off to bed.

This weekend is Harry Potter blackout weekend. No media for me until I've read that book. I plan to take Monday off and spend the entire three days reading Book 7 aloud to Witch Baby. Hope that's enough time to finish it. :rolleyes:

8. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

He seemed ok. Didnt throw a phone at me. He kept to himself and just played with his child alot. He was polite when someone came up to him to say hello. He bought a football club here, so he is on our local news alot. He wasnt dressed to fancy. Just a normal guy.:)

9. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Hey SBW! Thanks for the kind words. I just finished reading your new chapters...That was a bit of a surprise! Really good plotting going on. Can't wait to find out what happens next! (Poor Romeo!)

And yes - next weekend is going to be tough...Mom will be visiting, and I really want to get some more writing done, but I want to read the last Harry Potter before someone gives away the ending! Yikes!

And hey, Odinmoon...Can I come for a visit? Just kidding. I've always liked Russel Crow, and always thought he seemed happiest when he was just hanging out being a regular guy.

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

All those new chapters posted in the library! Can't visit right now but later for sure.

This morning I spent meeting a client that I'll be taking care of in my new job--a teeny tiny bank in a row house in the city. Very interesting.

Last night I was so lazy and tired I just furnished canned houses for the (spelling???) Ottomas crowd, the Ramiswami couple, and the guy with the dog (Roseland or something?) in order for Turpin LeTourneau and family to have neighbors.

I didn't use money cheats. I did, however, buy those other families Merola's painting, because I hate it that everyone on the lot always has to go to the bathroom everytime you visit them. :eek:

Bye all. I'll be back later to enjoy all the new stuff in the library. :D

11. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Speaking of chapters in the library, I'm not going to be able to write much for a few weeks because I'm going on holiday to England on Saturday (yes, the same day that the new Harry Potter book comes out).

I've been writing a bit today and I've nearly finished another chapter (as usual, there's the editing and photo shooting to do) so I might be able to post one or two chapters tomorrow - but I'm not going to promise anything. Something completely unplanned has popped up in the story that's going to jepardise everything! :slaphappy: Maybe not jepardise but it adds some more spice to the story. :bitelip: I just hope that I can finish it all in time!

12. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

so nice to be back... crashed hard drive since the 15th... :rolleyes:

13. Lynet

Lynet New Member

:eek::eek: And I've been worried because my system has been overheating. I vacuumed the vents today and it's operating a little cooler now. Probably still needs to be cleaned out inside.

Yesterday, the whole business just shut down and rebooted when I was in the middle of photographing Mrs. Crumplebottom. :rolleyes:

So did you have a backup, Michelle?

14. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Oh no! Glad you're back though!

Shameless self-promotion/attempt to get more people to read/post on the blogs...check out mine; it's all about the wedding planning. http://forums.worldsims.org/blog.php?u=16078

15. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

YAY! You're back! I hope that this means you will be continuing your wonderful story, Flirting with Diz Aster over in the Library! You kind of left us hanging there!!!

16. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Oh oh! I'd love for there to be more Diz stories in the library. :D

17. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Thank you all for missing me. I was really missing all of you too.

yes.. I left a new chapter on the library table. Man, writing longhand sucks (Oops! can I say that?) I also changed from works to word... so I'm going to have to edit grammer and punctuation on the stuff that's already posted. Word sure doesn't like sentences with an understood noun or subject or whatever the right term is.

I've got a good hubby and we know a repairman that works weekends. He cloned our non-functioning hd and installed it into a new one. we went from 160 to 250. we'll see how long it takes me to crash this one. (hooray! room for voyages)

18. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I'm so excited! I just found out that I'll be going on a trip for work to Nashville to Boston!

I'll be arriving in Nashville on Tuesday 7/31 at 12:30pm and after checking in at the hotel I can do whatever I want all night. I don't have to be anywhere until 10 the next morning. I'm staying right downtown Nashville, within 1/2 mile walking distance of a lot of things. Anyone here live in/near Nashville and have any recommendations of what I should do? Keep in mind that I won't have a car so if I can get there by foot or bus that would be better.

On 8/1 I'll be busy all day flying from Nashville (layover in detroit..ugh) then to Boston and will probably be done with the work part of my trip around midnight. That leaves all of Thursday and most of Friday since my plane doesn't leave back for MN until 6pm for me to explore Boston! Again I'm staying right in the historical district within 1/2 mile of all the wonderful sites. What should I do when I'm there? Any recommendations for me?

Does anyone here even live in Nashville or Boston area?

19. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Welcome back Michelle! Yes you have been missed here. I know how you felt about your hard disk when it caused problems. So glad that you got a copy for your new hard disk though, and yay! yes just think of all that extra room for downloads and Bon voyage. ;)

I have my old broken hard disk as a secondary disk now - it's read only/ storage, 250GB. The new hard disk I bought, 250GB had only 23 GB left until a few nights ago when I deleted some stuff to increase that to 35 GB free. I still have over 70 GB in Fraps movies alone! (Maplestory movie clips - need to compress them, burn to DVD and delete from hard disk). Then I have all my Sims 2 backup folders - deleted around 4GB in total of my added MP3s from all the backups, that's without the downloads and backups of those. I'm just a packrat, what can I say. :p The computer runs so slowly sometimes, a snail could run faster.

Shana, I went to Boston for one night only (sleepover next to airport to catch an early flight). We stayed in the Boston Hyatt hotel next to Logan Airport. If you want an awesome view of the Boston skyline, catch a ferry across or drive across to the Hyatt hotel and you can either go in the lobby or the elevator with the glass walls to get the skyline shots.

Attached Files:

20. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I went to Boston in July once. It was extremely hot, in the 90s, close to 100 degrees. We just walked around the city taking in the sights, and drank a lot of iced tea and bottled water to keep cool. We were only there for one afternoon so we didn't do more than that. I think the airport hotel that Hugz mentioned is where we stayed. It was July 4th, and we watched the fireworks over the city skyline from our room. It was quite spectacular.

This week I'm working with my bookkeeper replacement. She's very nice. I'm sure she'll fit in to the company just fine. Showing her what I do there, however, takes up my entire day at work and so I'm not going online to check on Worldims at all. :rolleyes::eek: And I was so worn out when I got home yesterday that I actually sat down and just watched television all evening. (Usually I sit down at the computer ;))

But tomorrow my husband and I are headed out of town on a small vacation with his brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews, to a place in the Maryland mountains, Deep Creek Lake. No computers there.

Too bad, because I started another chapter of Mrs. Crumplebottom's story. Only got as far as a couple of paragraphs, nothing worth posting. She's going to have to wait until next week. :( :sigh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.