So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

We will miss you, Lynet! We will wait eagerly for your return and the return of Mrs. Crumplebottom! Your vacation sounds lovely, though. You should have a lot of catching up to do in the Library, once you get back (at least I hope you will)!

And hey Shana! How fabulous is that! Travelling on the company dollar has always been one of my goals. Heck, I'd be happy with Des Moines! How EXCITING would Nashville and Boston be!

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

yes it would be lovely to travel and not worry about the costs...

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Catching up ... so will be quiet mostly while I try to read up the salient points of 700 odd posts.

What's new is that after a dog's age I finally got my puter fixed. A series of power fluctuations caused by our apocalyptic weather blew something in my mother board ... only I decided it was Richard Branson's cable modem what was broke so I had endless merry arguments with them. Eventually it was agreed that I would stop pestering them and go to Maplins to buy meself an ethernet PCI card ....

I can't even say that I have used my time of weblessness profitably. During the last few weeks we have had everything bar volcanic eruption. It seems that every time it rains my phone goes down. Well. I was all set to go an get the gear on Saturday until I got up and found that the latest deluge had caused both the cable and the phone to crash. They came back last night. I'm not complaining though. 20 miles from here there are folks with no drinkable tap-water, and four feet of faw sewage in the living rooms.

I hope Lynet's not coming to England for her summer hols :rofl:

4. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Glad your back, Mirelly! We've missed you and your witty reparte!

Been wondering how you and the other Brits have been faring this summer. I've been hearing that y'all have been having the worst floods in 60 years!

I've been kind of relieved that my brother moved back to the states after 30 odd years of living in the UK. The town he had been living in, Boscastle, was practically wiped of the map by a flood a few years back. Can't imagine how it's faring during this year's onslaught!

Hope you stay high and dry!

*~* Sacharissa send lots of good thoughts to her UK pals *~*

5. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Welcome back Mirelly! Yes we've been wondering where you've been the last few weeks. Glad that your internet is finally back on. Hasn't the weather been vile? Those poor people in Tewkesbury. Even as I'm typing, it's raining yet again here, although we seem to have missed the really bad rain in my area. It still woke me up this morning, raining hard at 6am. It's been the wettest June since records began, so I heard, and the floods are getting ridiculous now. BTW, did you see that interview on Sky News a couple of nights ago? Can't remember the reporter's name but he was the one who was always in war zones. He interviewed a member of the Conservative Party (Shadow Environment dude). I was ROFL at their spat - the most politically correct trading of insults and arguments I've seen. Really cracked me up.

So yes, you have some catching up to do. Projects, Blogs, etc and all the stories in the library, and the SimCity Societies/Cities Unlimited boards. :)

6. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Yesterday was the only sunny day that we've had since my family and I came to the UK. I didn't do anything special that day but my family and friends went to Paulton's Park. My mum was telling me some amusing stories of how she was screaming at the top of her lungs on one of the kiddie's rides. I said to her, I said: "Now I'm really glad that I didn't come along to Paulton's in the end." She just laughed. So if you saw a crazy lady screaming her head off on one of the kid's rides at Paulton's Park, then you've met my mum! (No offence, ma. :D)

BTW, does ROFL mean rolling on floor laughing? :eek:

7. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Welcome back Mirelly! Yes, you must catch up with SimCity Societies and Cities Unlimited. Did I mention Cities Unlimited? :eek: Good to hear that you weren't TOO affected by the storms and floods. :)

Muffin-Tacos: Yeah, ROFL means Rolling on the floor laughing.

8. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

Ok, so I announced my engagement in the shoutbox and photos were requested. Here I am obliging :p

Can't write much more, am cooking tea, but will definately be back later.

1st pic, me and my fiance (hehe, that's soo cool) Ash at my 21st 3 years ago.

2nd pic, my ring!!!

Love me.

Attached Files:

9. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Congrats, alliekat! He looks like a keeper then! Here's wishing you all the best! :couple::champagne::sun:

10. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Congrats Allie! That's a great picture of the two of you and the ring is just beautiful. :)

Any ideas on the wedding date yet? ;)

11. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Congrats again Allie!

Hugz and I welcome you to the WorldSims Engagement Club...we've been trying to convince Josh this site needs a wedding forum! ;)

You two make a cute couple and I love your ring! Congrats again!

12. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

Haven't really thought about a date yet. We need money first, so it's probably going to be a while. I will definately keep you updated though.

Thanks for all of your well wishes. We have been living together for the past 2 years, so the only real difference is, I'm wearing a ring. I don't wear rings normally, but I've decided this one suits ;)

13. suitemichelle

Well, I for one am glad you're alright, Merrily. You too, Muffin. The weather has just been bizzarre this year.

My congrat's too! Allie. Ditto's on what everyone already said.

14. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Hi, everyone. It's been three months, I know...I would like to say that I was very busy, but, truth be told, I definitely could have stayed active here the past few months if I wanted to. I think I just grew tired of posting everyday or every few days, reading all of the new posts...I don't know. I think I didn't like being expected to post all of the time, and if I didn't people would notice and mention it, and I would feel guilty. Of course, I realize that that only means you guys care about everyone here and what happens to us.

I believe another reason I drifted away from this place was that I lost interest in TS2 for a while. I don't want to complain much or talk about myself. Actually, the reason why I am back today, and posting, is because I decided to look back on some of the topics I used to post in last year, and I missed all of you guys and wanted to come back. While I was reading those posts I realized how much I used to talk about myself. :eek: But, anyway, there were a lot of things going on in April, up 'till now, and I just didn't have the motivation to play.

I really want to thank some of you guys for the concern about my whereabouts. I may elaborate on some things going on about me in the future, but for now I just want to talk! :p Congratulations, alliekat! The both of you look so happy together.

15. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Hi, Sarah! I missed you! Witch Baby and I are going camping all weekend so I'll be out of touch for a while, but I wanted to say hi!

So glad you're back, in any capacity. You don't have to be playing the game to hang out with us, we just like your company. :)

Anyway, welcome back.

16. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Hi, I'm just dropping in for a moment. I'm in the mountains and there is a thunderstorm. Just wanted to say Welcome Back to Person 123 and Mirelly. Ooooh, big roll of thunder!

See ya on Sunday. :D

p.s. Ed and I are skipping Europe for travel this year. We're going out to California to visit the grandbaby. :rolleyes: More exciting than flooded England, I'm afraid. But I sure hope it calms down for you guys over there. :(

17. sailorchiiavalon

sailorchiiavalon Addicted to Sims 2!

I've completed my third week in a packing factory packing Boots stuff. It is tiring!

18. suitemichelle

sounds like the notorious "summer job". but it probably pays okay, right?

My first factory job was in for a canning company. when we were done sorting out bad beans we caught the pears that the peeling machines had left skin on and peeled them and cut out rotton places. so much fun.

19. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Hey, Person123! We have missed you - especially in the new Library! I've been thinking it'd be fun to see a story from you...Loved the one you were doing on your Legacy Challenge! You have such a great, witty style.

I know what you mean about losing interest in TS2. I was as well, for a while. And then Seasons and the Summer Literacy contest has suddenly gotten back into TS2 big time!

Anyway, welcome back! No pressure! As SBW pointed out, you don't need to play Sims just to hang out. We enjoy your unique perspective!

20. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

Congratulations, welcome backs, and hellos to all. :)

I haven't been interested in the Sims for a while as well. It'd be a shame to go to a resort and sit inside and watch Sims burn lobster thermador. Or play Sims when I should pay attention to my honey. :eek:

I hadn't really gone to a beach before, living in landlocked TN. It was a new sensation to put one's foot in sea water and realize that one's stepped on a small crab. Thank God for water shoes. ;)

So yes that's where I've been the past couple of weeks. I'm still here with my bf for a couple more days before I return home. Then I might give Sims another try when I get home, since I've been on vacation and my outlook should be refreshed. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.