So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

you all make my day... thanks

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Speaking of day brighteners, where's Person 123? Am I crazy or has she not posted in a while?

Calling Person 123 ...

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Last heard from on April 9. Caught up in some wild new adventure, perhaps. Hope we get to hear about it. :) Soon.

p.s. changed my avatar. I always liked how creepy this lady looked. It is SO not me, but hey, who's to know?

4. surprised_by_witches

Very cool avatar, you're right, it's not really "you" but who cares, right? It's very atmospheric.

I don't mean you're not cool, BTW. I just mean you're not creepy, and that chick kinda is.

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Thanks. Yes, she's creepy. :) I'm way cool, though :p :D :rolleyes: .

I was not able to get back online most of yesterday. :( Gave me a headache trying to figure out why. This morning, all of a sudden, it's working again. Anyway, today is full of other activites. I hope this dumb high speed connection is working later tonight.

6. surprised_by_witches

Speaking of mysteries, my copy of Body Shop wasn't speaking to Photoshop very well for a while. I thought it was a bad download. And then, last night, all of a sudden it started working again, just fine. Weirdness.

I'm glad! I like recoloring stuff. You can never have too many black clothes. :D

Anyway, on a completely different topic: Happy Easter, everybunny!

7. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Yep, I was away. I'm waking up a whole bunch of dead posts right now...hahaha. It's fun! :D

8. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Hope y'all had a Happy Easter too! Turned out to be a lovely afternoon here - and I discovered scads of violets all over my yard! What a lovely easter surprise! (I know - some people would just think they were weeds! But I LOVE the happly little flowers and was thrilled to see them popping up!)

I haven't yet played around with recoloring stuff - and I don't have enough black clothes for my Sims! Maybe the next time we Minnesotans get together, you can have a little tutorial! (Yes, I'm assuming we will get together again - the last time was so much fun!)

9. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

And WELCOME BACK Person123! We've missed you!!

10. surprised_by_witches

Yes, let's get together! When?

Recoloring stuff to black is easy, LOL. Actually, recoloring anything to most colors is easy. It's adding patterns that gets tricky, or trying to make something that's dark, white. That can be problematic ...

I've been meaning to check out the tutorial on SageSims. She walks you through making shadows, wrinkles, etc., on clothing, all things I don't know how to do, yet.

Perhaps I should try that before we meet!

11. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

If we are talking weekends, April 29th/30th or May 6th/7th works for me...

Week nights, probably nothing until after May 7th...I've got some looming deadlines at work, so I'm anticipating late nights and early mornings! ("Less Simming and WorldSims" she pouted...:( cry:

12. person123

When I recolor things with patterns (search on google for the website of a fabric shop--http://www.thefabricshop.com.au/Default.htm I use that one) I really don't care if the patterns connect between both sides of the clothes. I just pretend it's the seam. :p

13. surprised_by_witches

Hey, 123, thanks for the tip! Yeah, I do that too but I still like them to line up somewhat. Plus I don't like how flat they look. I'm going to see if I can pick up some tips from SageSims. Her stuff sure is beautiful.

Sacharissa and Shana, Witch Baby's going to a birthday party this coming Saturday (the 29th) from 1:30 - 5:30. I'll see if hubby unit wants to have a date or not. It's during his bedtime hours so he may just want to sleep.

Does that work for you, if I'm free?

14. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Clarification please - If you really mean Saturday the 29th (which is a week from Saturday) then Yes - that would work out fine for me.

If, however, you really do mean this coming Saturday (the 22nd), then no, that would not work for me. It is Book Club weekend - at MY house, which means that I will be grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning, and then hosting...(But this is why we have people over, isn't it -- So that we clean? That's MY strategy anyway!:( rolleyes:

15. surprised_by_witches

The 29th is fine. I'll work something out.

I am so befuddled. I think the party is this Saturday, but then I thought this Saturday was the 29th. It could be the 22nd. I don't know! If it isn't I'll see if I can find her a playdate.

My brain's not working this week. I've got too much on my mind I guess. Hamster still isn't doing well, car is having problems (it's an old car), tons of doctor type appointments I've been putting off, and I paid the library for a CD that wasn't stolen after all.

Be glad you're not in my brain. It's a confusing little place.

16. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Ah the Library - They've gotten so many fines out of me that I don't think of it as checking books out so much as renting them, and getting the first month free!

Anyway, the 29th it is...Hopefully Jupitershana can make that date!

And sorry to hear about the Hamster...It's all a part of life, I guess, though that doesn't make it any easier on little witches...

17. surprised_by_witches

Nope, it doesn't. She's been sort of preparing for this but I know it will still be hard.

I think some major cuddling is going to be in order. :(

18. person123

My first pet death was horrible...I was 10 at the time. I surprised myself by not crying when I first found out, but later, at night, I crawled into Mommy's bed and had a good cry for about an hour. :eek: As long as you're there for her, SBW, she'll be fine.

19. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Ah, the death of a pet. When Scamper my first hamster died my neighbour put her in a little cardboard box and she's buried in the garden. I was crying my eyes out - I grabbed my Mum's black coat which could have covered me twice (I was about 7) and her black shoes and had a funeral.

20. surprised_by_witches

I'm giving Witch Baby a little time to get used to the idea. We'll probably have Hannah put to sleep on Thursday, and have a funeral in the backyard.

Thanks, you guys. Your stories helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.