So, What's New?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

My friends is sick as well, SBW. Get well soon! x

Chee-Z, I'm always like that when it comes to exams. I usually do okay though - you'll be great - don't worry.

2. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Sky King? I got his autograph once! It was like 100 years ago, when the circus came to town - he was part of the circus. Can't remember what he did in the circus, but my sister made me go and get his autograph, 'cause she remembered him from the TV show.

As for my car - His name was Strauss, the Waltz King - named so, because he was a little Geo Metro with a 3-cylinder engine. (Ah one-two-three, one-two-three...) Stauss served me well for 14 years, until he finally gave up the ghost - the day before Christmas Eve - somewhere in Iowa while I was on my way to Oklahoma for Christmas! It is a long, eventful tale, but ends up with Stauss (or more exactly, what's left of Strauss) currently lying in my Garage, waiting until I can figure out what to do with an engineless car...:shocked:

3. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

started having a headache that won't quit yesterday after mowing the yard. (Wonder of wonders the mower started on the first pull.) still had it when I got up for work this morning at 4:30am so I called in and I sooooooo glad because I slept until noon. I'll try not to breathe on anyone so you won't catch whatever it is.

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

LOL, Michelle. Very funny.

Feeling a little better this afternoon, possibly because I slept half the morning and simmed the other half. Nothing like a good day of goofing off.

Saw my daughter's second grade play. Too cute for words! She was a fox.

Home again, home again, back to my sims ... cough, cough, hack, wheeze.

Maybe not as "better" as I'd like.

5. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

Thanks for the reassurance guys. Quite appreciated. I'll try not to stress out/worry about it. :) Hey, I did well the past three times I took AP tests. :D

Sorry to hear that you're feeling under the weather SBW & Suitemichelle, I hope you two feel better. :(

6. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

It's that time of year - Weather keeps changing (80s one week - 40s the next!) and then the pollen count starts to go up...Spring Cold Season! My prescription - Plenty of rest and checken noodle soup...And yes, "rest" does include Simming!

Feel better, you two!

7. surprised_by_witches

Still feel icky, and still can't post from work! Oh no! I can only do quick reply. Hmmm ... possiblyfor the best?

Are we getting together on Saturday? I think I have a playdate lined up for Witch Baby later in the afternoon. Does that work for you guys?

8. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

If you're feeling up to it, I'm game! Otherwise, next weekend would work out as well (May 6th) - Whichever works out better for you. If it's this Saturday, what time were you thinking?

9. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Now that its summer my weekends are pretty much taken. My grandparents own a cabin in Pine City and we try to make it up there every weekend to be with my family. Brandon is really gungho about it this year too, nice to get out of the cities. So we'll be up there this weekend for sure, not sure about other weekends yet. We kind of decide based on the weather and if Brandon has to go out on Patrol at all on the weekends.

10. surprised_by_witches

Ah, yes, one of the summer cabin people. Sounds lovely!

We'll have to try to do something during the week sometime, then, although I'm still game on Saturday if you are, Sacha.

Oops. Now this is becoming our personal scheduling board. :eek:

Sorry, everyone.

I went home early and slept until now. Gotta go pick up a baby witch or I'd still be snoozing.

This cold sucks.

11. suitemichelle

Don't sweat it SBW, remember first post... no rules. should have stayed home to day... headache is back with a vengence. have to go paint the bedroom for weekend company. ugh.

12. surprised_by_witches

OMG is that a cat in a swimsuit? I don't know whether to laugh or scream. Too bizarre for words.

You've had this headache for too long now, Missy. Time to call the doctor, I think.

Or take some serious drugs.

Ice on the back of my neck works well for me. You might give that a go.

You're painting for company? Eek. I don't even always CLEAN for company.

Hey, you takes what you gets.

13. suitemichelle

you don't understand.... actually its just primer. My husband just got around to closing up walls that have been open for about 3 years around the breaker panel. I do have blue paint but it will have to wait.

but the flooring by the front door is done so little by little we make progress.

I was running a fever besides the headache, so took that time release tylenol and got some sleep so because my schedule is so off it's 3 am and I'm wide awake. guess it's time to do a little simmimg.

14. surprised_by_witches

Or get some sleep! Or see a doctor! Fever now too?

Take care of yourself.

And LOL your painting projects sound like ours. It took us more than 2 years to redo our kitchen. Now we're going to redo the third floor as a witch baby hangout. With any luck it will be ready before she goes to college.

15. surprised_by_witches

OK, this thread is going to turn into SBW talking to herself ... someone else chime in, please.

Just logged in to let Sarah/Frumpy/123 know that I read her latest chapter ... funny stuff! I can't read it at home because of the dialup lag ... I don't have that much patience.

Have you noticed I'm addicted to ellipses? What's up with that?

Anyway, love your voice in that story. So very funny. Good thing I was here alone because you made me laugh out loud a couple of times. I especially like the ghost who can't scare anyone.

Love the mercenary tone of it all. I'm much too soft-hearted to do that to most of my sims ... might be refreshing to try it sometime.

16. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Lol you mainly talk to yourself anyway, SBW... we just smile and nod.

I read the first chapter of the story, but my dial up wore my patience out. However in the next few weeks I should be getting braodband! I'd sccess the story at school but I kinda get caught when I should be doing work. :eek:

17. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Yay! Another chapter of the Zephyr Family Legacy! Very funny stuff!!! :D (There, SBW - Now you're not talking to yourself anymore!)

18. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I read your 3rd chapter yesterday as well 123, hilarious!

19. surprised_by_witches

You really want a place in my box of heads ... I mean jewelery, don't you Babe. (Sharpens axe.)

I'm starting to feel better, which means I should have story updates soon. In case anyone was wondering. :p

20. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ooops ... :eek: I think you caught the ellipsis thang from moi ... well maybe not ... but I've been overusing the old dot dot dot ever since I found out it actually had a name. Before that I would just machine gun a few, or a lot, of period points in random places in most of my casual scribblings. I had a terribly poor standard of education in languages in school; my natural talents -- such as they were -- had more to do with taking dead critters apart to see what they were made of ... (it was mostly icky, sticky, stinky stuff but there's no accounting for the tastes of adolescence, is there ...? :rolleyes:) So I came to discover the finer points of grammar and punctuation late in life. My father was a printer, an old fashioned one who could set type and arcane stuff like that. He'd served a long apprenticeship in order to qualify and when he died, I inherited some of his books. One was a book that I still think should be on every kid's bookshelf. It was the most complete grammar text I have ever seen. It explained all the rules far better than any other crammer I ever saw ... it also introduced me to points of ellipsis and my literary ramblings have, ever since, been as dotty as their author .... :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.