So you Don't believe in UFOs eh

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Odinmoon, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

So you Don't believe in UFOs eh

Try this link

:eek:

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

All I'm going to say is this: I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes. :eek:

3. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Here's a video that debunks the whole thing...it's all very creative video editing...but they made one major mistake. They used the same palm tree for all the trees...ha!

4. muffin-tacos

I knew there was something fishy about that movie!

5. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

heh Shana told Odin. that was really clever though

6. Odinmoon

Lol :D
    That was my birthday joke on world sims :rotfl::biggrins::praise:

7. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Hehe; I figured it was way to clear of a video to be remotely true. It would have been all over the media!

LOL; sure it was! :rolleyes: :p I am going to show this to Brandon though and lead him to believe it's true...hehe, he's a sucker for these kind of things. I'm a little more cynical about it.

8. Odinmoon

Lol I saw the other video too. :D

9. Vega

Vega New Member

LOL so now instead of birthday cake we have birthday joke? :p

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I love seeing movies like those, because anyone who believes in UFOs does not give enough credit to human ingenuity and the desire to play tricks on our fellow humans. :rotfl:

When I see things like crop circles and pictures of lights in the sky, I just think, "Wow! Good job! Very clever!"

11. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Figured as much. It's neat how someone could edit a video to look fairly realistic but they forget the key factors in people believing it.

For one the person who was recording got a rather clear shot, which seems weird. How would they know when a UFO was going to be around, why aren't they saying anything, why would they be flying that close to the ground, etc.

Not only that but, if they were real, the media would have jumped all over it... much like Tom Cruise and that couch.

12. muffin-tacos

LOL Solid!

Well I was thinking that it was so unnaturally quiet in the film! If UFOs were flying that close to the ground, people would surely panic and scream and go 'oooh aaah' etc. ;)

13. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

and wouldnt you like, run for cover? I'd be afraid it'd beam me up or shoot me and whatnot.

14. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Well. What to say? I think that the UFO's we see in movies often are very well made. It amuses me to see how they come up with different ideas about how people/creature would look from other planets. But They are sort of intriguing to me as well. It triggers your imagination - at least mine. Look at E.T., Star Wars etc. It's the same basic story: goodness overcome the bad. And I must say I loved E.T. :) Soooo cute. And he only wanted to call home. lol. Just a cute story. I don't beleive for a sec anyone can "call" anyone with an umbrella! LOL. But...

Are we really alone in this vast universe... Hmmm.. I'm not so sure about that. Have anyone else visited Earth? Maybe. Maybe they have, but very few have noticed it in that case. I also think that if others can travel those vast distances they would have machines that probably was so advanced they might be soundless? Who can tell for sure? Neither of us I would say. It does exist things that can't be fully explained, so many people then say it Doesn't exist, simply because they can't explain it. And what would they want us? We're on our way to totally destroy this planet, so who would want it?

I think there's a way greater risk that Earth is gonna be hit by a giant asteroid than invaded by "aliens"... But before that, I believe we have destroyed this planet ourselves. Global warming IS a real threat. And we need to help a bit all of us to stop it in time. I believe everyone can do just a bit. Like turning the TV off with the "OFF"-button, turning the comp off, turning lights off that's not needed, use low-energy lamps instead (they also holds longer and I only use such ones today), not let the car run standing still unnecessarily. (In Sweden you're only allowed to run for 60 sec at cold-starts), sort your garbage (we have special sorting stations here where they re-use whatever they can for energy making and composting and re-cycling), etc. etc. etc. There's So much we can do - all of us - to help this planet survive for coming generations...

No. The real "aliens" on this planet is the "human" race...