Spore Something Simillar to The Spore Creature Editor.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Lainehart, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Lainehart

Lainehart New Member

I've been trying to make imiations of some of the publicly seen Spore creations on Graffiti Kingdom..... it's hard to get that kind of quality though.

I did, however, manage to make one of those yellow, four legged things that Will showed in a few early presentations and it animated almost the same. Except for the fact that with GK, you have to experiment a lot before you can get parts to look AND animate the right way because the slightest thing off can make a HUGE difference.

Thank God Spore is going to be a hell of a lot easier.

2. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

-crosses fingers-

Heh. We don't know how its gonna turn out until it turns out.

3. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

that's true, but I'm sure it will be picked up pretty easily and quickly, I thought the Sims 2 Editor was going to be extremely confusing but I got the hang of it after a few minutes.

4. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

Right, I have no doubt it will be easy, but what if someone's creature is supposed to walk or attack a certain way but it doesn't? GK is pretty simple in guessing the animations, and one little change, even though it does deffinately make a difference, still wouldn't change as much as I think it will in Spore. Since Spore is procedurally animated, what if one elongated arm or a too-short body changes everything about the creature?

5. Lainehart

Lainehart New Member

What I'm hoping is that the Creature Editor will have options to change the way a part animates. So say you put on an arm, but it doesn't move the way you want it to, the game has actually figured out 3 possible ways it can animate and therefore you can choose between them and hopefully find one you like better.

I'd like to see that scenario, but Maxis seem to have their interface all finalised so I doubt it would happen.

Maybe for the serious creature creators, Maxis could make an animation editor?

6. artistvrd

Well, what you can do though is 'test' your creature and see how it runs, walks, eats, etc. And if there is a certain way you are really looking for then maybe if you hit that right spot where a leg or arm goes, maybe you'll get it. There are many different ways a creature can move, birdlike, reptilelike, etc. So I think you might find the one you're looking for if, not..design the creature and do some slight adjusting.

An animator for serious sporeos would be pretty cool. In the sims2 you can insert a certain animation, but I doubt an 'official' animator, but there is most likely going to be an advanced creature editor where you can really get into detail, hope this helps

art :smile:

7. Lainehart

Lainehart New Member

Thanks for explaining that for me :)

An advanced editor would be really cool, I'd probably make a creature or two in the "basic" editor first and get used to it, then go advanced. That's be really awesome.

8. artistvrd

you're quite welcome :smile:

but remember, that's a 'maybe' not a confirmed.

art

9. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

Huh, that would be really cool! I bet that'll come in an expansion pack though (if there is one...).

10. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

Im not certain, but hasnt it been said there will be no expansion packs since everything is pretty much downloaded to your game anyways?

11. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

The expansions for the Sims games mostly add content. But, in SPORE, everything will be made by players, so there will be no need for more content.

The conclusion? Easy: :sporerules:

12. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

I hadn't heard about the expansion pack thing, but I must agree with Astrodog on this one.

:sporerules:

13. artistvrd

Hmm, that's a good one, but I bet there will be a few Spore EPs. Maybe it will add some new arms and legs and some new eyeballs as well. Or maybe it will give you new features and new styles to use on buildings, flora, creatures, and vehicles.

art

14. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

Yeah, I would hope there'd be expansion packs. Then it might die down after awhile. Expansion packs can keep it out there.

15. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

The problem with expansion packs is that you usualy have to pay money for them, and that tends to be a hastle. I would rather just have the expansions able to be downloaded (either automaticaly when you logon or optional.)

16. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

We'd all rather not pay for EP's, but how will Wright pay the bills? :silly:

Heat

17. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

Forgot if this was mentioned or not, will there be a monthly internet fee?

18. artistvrd

nope! The game spore will update itself through your internet connection, (Broadband highly reccomended) So all you have to do is play and enjoy the game!

However, if you have slow dial-up or no internet connection at all, you can still play Spore, and it will still be a vast sandbox, or as WW says:

"a Universe in your hard-drive"

art

19. MatchNL

MatchNL New Member

dead links

Those 2 links you provided are all dead.

I cant download creature editor 2.0 :(

Can anyone repost?