Troubleshooting Sometimes the game just won't open, only remain with black screen

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by AkiRyuuhane, Dec 13, 2009.

1. AkiRyuuhane

AkiRyuuhane New Member

Sometimes the game just won't open, only remain with black screen

I've had the Sims 2 and other EPs installed and reinstalled on my laptop a lot of times before, and this time I wanted to reinstall them for Christmas so I can kill some time. And after I did all the work, even played a bit, something happened : most of the time when I open it, the screen should go black, then blue and the pointer should turn into the Sims-pointer then the EA icon appears etc. Well, the thing is mine only remains at the black screen with no Sims pointer , just the normal pointer, and I can't get out unless I click End Process with the Task Manager. So, can you please help me with this? This hasn't happened to me before, which is the weird part. Thanks.

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Post a dxdiag please.

3. sketch_heaven

sketch_heaven New Member

This exact same thing is happening to me! Sometimes I can get it to work if I restart the computer and click 'Explore" on the Sims disk in the My Computer file. Then I double click on the "Auto Run" program. Nothing happens then, but if I then close the other folders I can double click on my launcher and the game will sometimes start. But today I can't get any of that to work, so I am in the same boat. I don't know what to do. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and it's still doing it. I've removed my downloads folder to the desktop. I've deleted my Cashe file. Nothing is helping.

How do I access my "dxdiag" so I can post it?

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

How old is your computer exactly too?