Special Occasions

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by TheHairyDudette, Aug 27, 2003.

1. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Perhaps she wants our sims to be able to get doughnuts for special occasions? ;) Now I'm picturing sims coming home from work with a bag or box of Dunkin' Doughnuts or some other well known doughnut chain brand. :p

2. katrina

katrina New Member

you guys are making me hungry. :)

3. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

im all full lol although i am simz 2 hungry

4. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

It would be great to have that added into the game. I can see it now.... Sims celebrating over their child's birthday while the friends of their child run around the house causing havoc of all sorts - starting curtains on fire, dirtying the house in many other ways and styles. They have party balloons all over the place and party banners, meanwhile everyone is now eating a helping of birthday cake...
    Very fun if all those holidays and occasions were to be added. I can't wait. :)

5. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

I want wild animals, and a hunting mini-game. God knows how boring The Sims was. :p

6. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Why did you find the sims so boring, Oink?

7. OinkUsed2BABunny

Oy, and I typed up a whole page about why I do a couple day ago. I dont think I posted it tho since it was a lil on the colorful side. Some ppl might not take a liking to my opinions reguarding the sims. A coupla things make it boring:
    1)Repetition without a sense of immersion: Feels more like telling a bunch of 3D stick figures to do chores than trying to live a virtual life.
    2)Linearity: Come on, what kind of virtual world IS this? You have to CHOOSE from a limited pie menu of at most 8 choices called "Interactions"? I dont recall having to click on the teller and choosing "Buy a ticket" while I was at the theater.
    3)Fluidity (or lack thereof:( Are the sims trying to move or having a seizure while standing up? Unless they have Parkinsons they shouldnt twitch like that making corners or trying to squeeze thru a doorway, which brings me to my next complaint...
    4)Square-Matrix (dont know what else to call it:( What kind of person needs to hog all the door space just to get thru? Do I stand next to the chair and then slide my foot and then my body in just to sit down? No! I just sit my butt down whichever way is most convenient at the moment, even if the chair is surround on 3 sides by walls/furnitures. Now I understand that the technology that gave birth to The Sims was very good at the time of its inception and that it is REALLY hard to make a game perfect, but there should be NO excuse for having a sim miss work just because there are eight of them living in the house and there's only two front doors and everyone's clogging up at the entrances.
    5)Lack of options: What do you mean I cant follow my sims to work!? Is this a simulation game or what? You're telling me I have to shell out ANOTHER 20 dollars just to get an expanded area called "Downtown" to play in and some odd number of new "interactions"? I also dont remember the world having only 8 career choices at the beginning. I thought I was promised a job at NASA.
    6)Having to download and buy EPs just to keep a dying cow alive: I seriously could have used all the time and money that some ppl have spent on The Sims on some MMORPG and played for at least a year.

That should be it (for now ;) ). I know there must be a lot of potholes and discrepencies in my post, so feel free to point them out and defend your beloved game in the process. I'll think of more reasons why I find it boring in the mean time. :p Now you know better than to ask for my reasons for disliking certain things.

8. SolidSnake_19

"The Sims: Pet Hunter" :D It would be kind of neat if they did add some kind of hunting minigame to it. But I can see a lot of PETA people freaking out about hunting animals in the game as being 'cruel' or something weird like that. I would like to see more exotic and wild pets in the Sims games. Like lions and tigers and bears, oh my. :p Crocodiles would be nice too... help get rid of the neighbors' yappy dogs.

In the first Sims I liked when Santa would come to my Sims' house and give them gifts. Which I sold when he left.

9. OinkUsed2BABunny

Make your backyard a scene straight from Snake Eater. *evil grin* :devious:

10. SolidSnake_19

With all the things around my place I could do that Oink.

Celebrating a prom in the game would be pretty neat to do, and have a graduation when your sims are older. :)

11. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Well oink, you do have some good points. I think that's why we're eagerly awaiting the arrive of ts2. I think too, because of the money cheat, ts become more a decorating game, (with limitations that we don't have in the real world.) And of course there has been ample opportunity for hackers to practice their craft with it.

So which sims game was it that you liked? I've forgotten, sorry.