[SPOILER WARNING] Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Jul 17, 2005.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

A happy ending book?

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Not if Voldemort lives. :rolleyes:

I'd love it if everyone else did. That would be my preference.

3. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I love that idea. It's clever, and it fits.

I think we are going to discover the final plot before J K does!

4. Sylla

Sylla New Member

The question of Snape has bothered me as well, is he good or bad? I don't think we will find out for a while yet, nor do I think the next book is going to be the last. Harry needs to grow up a little more, learn some patience and how to control his temper, and unless that happens I can't see how it would be possible for him to defeat Voldemort, He is only (nearly) 17...
    I do wonder who is going to teach Harry now that DD may be dead, there is still so much that he has to learn before the final encounter occurs. On the same hand, Harry experienced and grew alot in the last book, so I guess there could be just the one book left, we will all just have to wait and see...

Just found a great interview with J K Rawlings.... and number 7 is going to be the last book....
    http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/extras/aa-jointerview1.html

5. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

Quote: I don't know why; i have this gut feeling that because of Harry's mercy and that despite they hate each other so greatly, they too will become best of friends in an odd sort of way. There is a bit of odd respect from what I can see, seeing how Harry and Malfoy always wanting to outdo each other, pushing each other to the limits...sorta improving each other; sorta like how friends do...(spirit of competition)

I don't see them becoming friends myself; they have been at odds throughout the whole series like enemies. They are rivals rather than competitive friends, always trying to beat each other in order to hurt the other one in some way. After all, Malfoy did break Harry's nose when they were about to get off the Hogwarts train, and then left him there to be taken back to London :mad:

6. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

my brother had pointed out to me....when dumbledore was killed, he flew up into the air. Now whenever this spell was cast before, the people just went limp. no flying up. he also gave me a site that has reasons why he isnt (dumbledoresnotdead.com)