Spore Spore kinda like Black and White?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by kuhndog, Mar 28, 2005.

1. kuhndog

kuhndog New Member

Spore kinda like Black and White?

I think spore is kinda like black and white. You have a creature, and you can go on counquering lands and all. but i htink spore expands on the whole "play god" premise.

2. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

Hear the MP3... Spore makes Black and White look like something you can dig out of your ear!

3. boines

boines New Member

yes its a cross of
    black and white 2, sims 2, simcity, civilation 3, blah blah blah and you can stop at any time and just go in GOD MODE and do whatever you want :)
    If you just want to create creatures you don't have to build a town, etc. If you just want to build a town and not worry about a creature you can. if you just want to attack towns then fine and you can be abducted by aliens :)
    Remember b&w is an ea game

4. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Let me tell you why it's gonna be better than B&W, mainly because Your'e not stuck on a specific era, you can advance the time yourself, it's all about you..

Heat

5. Aphid

Aphid New Member

I don't know why, but I picture it as Dogs 3 meets Atlantis: The Lost Empire PC Game. In the graphics sense. Can anyone suggest a site I can learn more on? Or see a picture of it? Or something? Tak.

Ewww...

6. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Aphid, if you mean Spore you want to learn on, you can always go to www.snootyspore.com and look for some cool screenshots and links...

Heat

7. Aphid

Aphid New Member

Ohhhh yahhh I forgot the Snooty forums has websites :laughing2: :blush:

8. Sapphire

Sapphire New Member

wow! Really? that sounds really cool :smile: timetravel :bouncy: yippee

9. XPDude

XPDude New Member

It's so open-ended that you make your own stories and control everything.

Just what I like :)

10. Aphid

Aphid New Member

I think it'll be quite like Populous.

11. kuhndog

kuhndog New Member

yeha Spore sounds better than b&w in alot of areas. are we gonna have like miracles or im guessing "powers" in this game?

12. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Iv'e seen you posting very thoughtful posts here, why not regieter, guest? It would be very nice to have someone like you registred in the forum...

Sorry for the off topic, but i can't PM a guest...lol
    Heat

13. Arsonide

Arsonide New Member

I just did. Arsonide

14. kuhndog

kuhndog New Member

welcome aboard arsonide!

anyways so if we 'own' the speices, will we be able to control more than one creatures actions?

15. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Sure thing! :bouncy:

Heat

16. strillor

strillor New Member

I don't know how much off topic I am now..

BUT... If it'll be a mix between all those games.. will the creatures have economy? I mean, do the player need to think about that :indifferent: ??
    Or is it only nescesary to think about the brains evolution??

17. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I don't think we have to worry about economic issues, as long as wer'e taling about, mosters...lol

Heat ;)

18. OverlordBill

OverlordBill New Member

I believe it was said that you could take over other creatures cities diplomatically, which in most games means trade. And so yes, I'd imagine you do have an economy. My personal economy would most definitely be based on the illegal sale of ugly creatures as food.

I think Gamespy went over it in their article, but I could be mistaken. And the chocolate hasn't kicked in yet so I'm not up to reading it all through again.

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/595/595975p1.html?fromint=1

19. MrErops

MrErops New Member

I think it will be much more then that. It will be like many different (great games) packed into one. You play god, city person, the actual creature, and all that jazz. :spin:

20. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

I don't know Bill, your avatar suggests that you might prefer to illegally sell skiiers to ugly monsters... as food.