Spore Spore...

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by ConradSims2, Mar 29, 2005.

1. ConradSims2

ConradSims2 New Member

Spore...

Spore to be called Spore?

Do you think they will change it when it is released?

Then all sites will have to change names as well! :angry:

UPDATE:
    I just did a whois on www.simeverything.com and it was registered by EA on 21 november 2003. www.spore.com is registred by someone (Chan Fang Khoon) from Singapore.

From a SimCity website I recently visited.
    Generally, I prefer SimEverything

2. Sim Guy

Sim Guy New Member

I don't really care if they change the name, all I wanna to see if the game is good

3. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Alot of peeps say that there might be a chance of renaming it, But In My Opnion it won't happen...but that's just my :2cents:

Heat

4. Sash

Sash New Member

As long as Maxis realise that site about Spore are already beggining to pop up, they might leave it as that name.

And I hate whoever got spore.com. I bet it was someone at the GDC. lol.

5. Aphid

Aphid New Member

I think they'll end up buying www.spore.com off of Mr. Khoon...

6. britlovessims

britlovessims New Member

Maybe thats what he did it for. I heard a while ago that this person bought some fast food restuarants name for a site when it was new..and when it became bigger they bought it off of him for a very large price.

7. strillor

strillor New Member

It's just like .. stocks :spin: !
    A name that get's bigger.. instead of a firm..

But actually I like the name "Spore" so simpel and yet mysterious................ call me weird? or just philosophic...

8. ConradSims2

ConradSims2 New Member

SimEverything seems more Sim like---- this is not sim like.

9. XPDude

XPDude New Member

Hmm... there are indeed many Singaporeans who buy domains and sell them out at a higher price. LOL. No all Singaporeans are like that (at least not me).

10. Sash

Sash New Member

lol, you think that's bad?

In...I think it was 1993, some guy was watching a film in the cinema and saw the "20th Century Fox" logo come up. Right after the film, he went and registered the name "21st Century Fox". And the company had to pay him £3 million to buy it off him.

11. OverlordBill

OverlordBill New Member

That's now illegal to do, at least in America, Land of Strange Restrictions. Trademark law and all of that. Too many people getting rich, the old money can't have that you know.

It's most likely Spore is just the project name, and that they'll change it for when it's to be sold. Anyone remember the Segway? Yes, that awful idea about the two wheeled platform that wouldn't fall down. Turns out it did fall down quite a bit in the first sold versions, but my point is, that project was nicknamed Ginger. Titor even spoke about it, if you happen to know who he is.

We'll see though.

12. Dumdadum

Dumdadum New Member

I hope it won't change.. I like that name.. 'Spore'.

13. XPDude

XPDude New Member

I don't know... maybe it won't change. I thought Urbz sounded bad.. but in the end, that was the real, final name.

14. Sapphire

Sapphire New Member

Yeah..they probably will...love the name already :spin:

15. Aphid

Aphid New Member

Spore for sure! :smile: Probably.

16. MrErops

MrErops New Member

I think they will keep it Spore, but then again in the EA games press release they did say it was SPORE(TM) but that doesn't make much a difference, there just all capital.

17. K.A.L.

K.A.L. Guest

I think spore is a great name.

A spore is a seed for a fungus or a fern, kind of a germ. In generall It's a seed to life, a step to an organism, and that is what Spore is about, creating life... ( Star Spangled Banner music in backround. :laughing2: )

18. MrErops

MrErops New Member

Its a great name I think too. :D I hope they don't change it Snooty would proble go bananas :banghead:

19. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

It's not likely to change, E3 is coming very soon, and it will cause confusion if they will change its' name there....they might add another word to the Name Spore, but removing it won't make any sense...

;)
    Heat

20. MrErops

MrErops New Member

Thats true. :D And at the EA press release thing they said that "SPORE(TM)" will be there, I know (TM) means something like you can't copy it but I wonder if it will be in all caps? :rolleyes: