SimCity 4 Starting a city tutorial

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Branes, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Branes

Branes New Member

Starting a city tutorial

For those of you who, like me, have had the "starting a city" blues, there is an excellent tutorial on www.simtropolis.com in the strategy guide section. He explains many of the concepts of building and budget tweaking. He takes you from making a road grid, to laying out starting zones and the various effective zone sizes, with screenshots. Excellent tutorial. I was able to get my city started and still in the black after 5 years using it. Give it a try.

2. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

I read it...really helpful...but my game is still so buggy

3. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Thanks Branes.
    If someone could put a direct link here too it would be even better ;)

4. Branes

Branes New Member

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

someone should write a similar guide and post it at worlds...cause I doubt people would wanna register -_-'

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Thanks Branes. :classic:

You're probably right Josh. ;)

7. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Come to think of it. This belongs really under city planning, where tips and tricks, strategy and advices are meant to be. So anyone that have any other tutorials to add in here - do so.
    meanwhile I move the thread to City Planning area. :classic:

8. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Come to think of it. This belongs really under city planning, where tips and tricks, strategy and advices are meant to be.

So anyone that have any other tutorials to add in here - do so.

And I move this thread to City Planning area. :classic:

9. golfbunny

golfbunny New Member

Ooo....

10. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Thanks for moving this way back when Nina! I'm scrabbling for all the help I can get learning to play sim city 4 as I've lost my little manual that came with the game and the mayoral tutorial city is going down fast! ak! :p

11. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Pictures too eh? Well now I dont know what to think. This seems to be far superior to the other guide I was peddling so I'm gonna support this one instead. :D

12. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Guides without pictures are good too, those I can copy and save in notepad and refer to like mad without opening the browser. ;)

13. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Awww. Now I dont feel like a fool as much as before any more. :p

14. altec_tech

altec_tech New Member

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I, honestly, installed the game, liked it, got confused, ran for senator 8 times, uninstalled it, found a guide, reinstalled it, played it, guide worked for awhile then sucked and it didn't work, uninstalled, saw simcityscape was avalible, installed it, tried it out, i was bad, uninstalled it, saw this guide, installed it, tried it.... WORKS!!!! THANK YOU.... I'm finally having fun with simcity4 and making a profit thats not in the range of -$800 - 3$ every month.

15. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Yay!!! I'm glad you finally got the game working out for you!! I just need to go play again since I was busy and gave up on my poor city. :p I was having that negative profits problem too.

16. altec_tech

altec_tech New Member

Yea... I didn't realize that you can build so much in the beginning with absolutely NO pluses (like health, police, education) I also didn't know they didn't care about HIGH taxes... I have em all AT LEAST above 8% and up to 9.5%.

This is definitely an addiction now and I can't wait to start playing the sims 2 ( as well as rush hour )