How Do I Still life paintings being replaced

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Jul 7, 2011.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

This is kind of a weird problem. Most of my Sims have portraits on their walls of family members. I used the "paint still life" option and so there are paintings of babies and toddlers, too. Recently they've been disappearing or rather, replaced by I don't know what. Instead of the picture they painted, instead there is a painting that looks like a modern art version of a sunset or something. Three bands of color, burnt orange, yellow and gold go horizontally across the canvass. The frame is still there. It doesn't seem to affect all of the paintings, maybe two or three.

It's upsetting to me though because many of them were old and irreplaceable, being portraits of Sims who are now grown or even passed on. I wanted them to be family heirlooms. Now that I think of it, the two homes that have experienced this the paintings had been moved from one house to another. Anyone ever had this happen before?

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I've never had that happen before, but then I haven't read much or done much with paintings in a long term household. I wonder if the program can't keep the memory that far back after a while.

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

You may have something there, although I have other paintings from a couple generations back that are doing fine. I think I'd better snap some pics of the other paintings before they disappear :(

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Maybe it's something kept in a cache file that she deleted or maybe became corrupted and got removed by the game.

5. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

It's weird how it just started though; and keeps happening. I haven't cleared any cache files lately.

6. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I thought I had the answer because I realized most of the lots that had disappearing still life pics were where I had dragged the painting from one lot to another. I just put it in their inventory and when they moved I put it up on the wall there. But then I realized that one couple his paintings from before had disappeared but hers had not. So guess I do not have the answer but will say this; so far none of the paintings from the new lot they own have disappeared. Curiouser and curiouser...

7. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Weird! You'd think that they'd disappear at the same time.