Stories Contest

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vega, May 8, 2007.

1. Vega

Vega New Member

Stories Contest

So i've this idea of making a sims stories contest, everyone could participate and in the end we could make a poll to see what is the storie that most people like :)

it would be fun and it would also be good to find new talents for the library ;)

i just what to know what you all think about this idea :eek: and if we should do it.

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ooh! Great idea :D Joshie ... can we have a prize? How about some rep points?

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

How about you, Vega? Are you going to write one, too? Short or long, funny or sad? :)

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Can it be a story that's already in the works? :eek:

5. Vega

Vega New Member

i guess it would be better if people do new and short stories, it would be easier.

i have lots of ideas to write stories but i my english isn't good enough and it's really dificult to me to express my thoughts and feelings :(
    but i guess i will try to write something :) something about magic and fantasy

6. surprised_by_witches

Guess I won't enter then. I'm pretty wrapped up in the two stories I'm already writing. But I'd be glad to read what others write.

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I would suggest a short story as well. No more than can fit in a single post (currently limited to 20,000 characters which is roughly 3-4 thousand words
    unless you're addicted to ridiculously long words like wot I am :rolleyes: )

8. Vega

Vega New Member

yes Mirelly that is a good idea, we have to limit the number of words. :)

now we need to decide how many time we will have to write the stories, i think 1 month is enough, what do you all think? more time? :confused:

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

One month sounds good to me. For one thing, it takes time to play the sims through their different life events -- going to school, getting married, having children.

I think the idea of a short story is good, too.

SBW, it's possible that something might happen in one of your current households that could be self-contained and lifted out of the regular PDL or Veronaville thread. However, I also know that your computer has been giving you problems. :(

I cannot begin to imagine what I would write about. I'll have to go look at my neighborhoods and see if anyone is doing anything interesting with their lives. :eek:

Oh, Errrrrolllllll, whatcha doin', Hon?

10. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

I'd like to enter! This sounds really fun! :biggrins: Wouldn't it just be lovely sitting down by the computer on Sunday evening, typing away on the keyboard... :rolleyes:

I have a few questions though:
    1. Does the story have to be about sims?
    2. Where shall you post it when you're done with it?

... And that's about all I can come up with right now. :p

11. Vega

Vega New Member

the story can be about what you want but with sims

and about the place to post the story, i'm not sure :confused: perhaps in the library i guess...

12. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I think it should be about sims.

I also think it should be in the library. But if we did that, and there are a lot of them, organization might be something we need to figure out.

This is just a suggestion: We have a Contest Thread here in the regular forum where everyone posts a link to their short story in the library. Just a thought. Maybe Josh would prefer something else.

13. surprised_by_witches

That's an idea. I'll think on it.

14. Vega

Vega New Member

You are rigth Lynet we should wait and see what Josh thinks is better, and then we could start the contest :D oh and it would also be good if there was a prize :rolleyes:

This is going to be fun :) i already started a story, i will write it in portuguese first and then i will translate it to english :eek:

15. muffin-tacos

Sounds good to me, Vega! And I agree, a prise would be nice. Like Mirelly said some reputation can be the prise... or something along those lines.

I like Lynet's idea. One thing's sure though; we gotta draw peoples attention to the contest page so that we can get some votes. I like the idea of there being a poll where everybody puts their votes but I think a rule should be that you're not allowed to vote on your own story because that's cheating. :knockedout:

We should also post the rules in the contest page (if there will be one) so that it's clear - not only to the people writing the story, but the people reading the stories and voting on them.

Aw, this is going to be so much fun. :eek:

16. Vega

Vega New Member

LOL muffin :D you are right! But first we must see if Josh thinks that is a good idea to post the stories in the library or not :confused:

yes it's really going to be fun, i hope that many people enter the contest, so we should get the atention of everyone in the forum :rolleyes:

17. muffin-tacos

Yeah, it would be great if lots of people entered!! That would make it so interesting. All these people battling it out for some rep points and the honour of winning the Short Story contest. :rolleyes: :silly:

Does someone think they could ask Josh what he thinks about this idea? Someone that's been around for a while *hint hint* :winks:

18. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I wonder if Josh is buried to his neck in final exams. Either that, or tied up in some other project.

19. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

A mixture of everything.

It's midterms week, and finished up a midterm today. Got a B+ on my last midterm (GRRRRR...) and debugging the Library systems to get ready for another Beta 3 Phase.

20. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

That's what the library is there for. For Stories :p