Stupid nanny

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by simgurl84, Jun 19, 2006.

1. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

Stupid nanny

I really hate having to hire a nanny. She always makes Jello and I have never once seen her make a meal for my children. So until my oldest child turns into a teen, my kids just get fat off of jello.

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Ah, me. The nanny. Everyone hates the nanny. You should do a search for what Mirelly says about the nanny. :D

I didn't mind them so much except when one got stuck in front of the crib for three days. Fortunately, the baby was not in it at the time.

Children learn amazingly fast. They can build up body points, I think, more easily than the adults. Get them something to excercise with. :)

3. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Yes, I had a few panic-stricken moments with the nanny last week...I had just sent Mom and the Twins off to bed (dad was at work - Celebrity Chef, you know!) when I notices that the baby wasn't in the crib. That startled me, and then I remembered that the Nanny had taken him downstairs for a bottle.

So I popped down to the kitchen, and sure enough, there was the bottle lying abandoned on the floor...But no sign of the Nanny OR the youngest Hawthorne! I went back upstairs - No Nanny - No Baby! Down to the basement - Nothing!

Now I was getting worried, remembering rumors or stranger abduction in earlier versions of the Sims (and they don't come much "stranger" than Nanny Karen!) I pulled back, and looked in the yard...no luck! Out to the street - Not a sign! No evidence of what happened except for that poor abandoned baby bottle lying ominously on the kitchen floor...

I finally had to go into "God" mode (aka "Build") and do a Top Down view of the entire estate...And THERE they were...Outside the secret vault underneath the Gazebo, which is never used anymore, except to store old furniture and the illicit Money Machine!

It had been sealed it up years ago, but apparently, Nanny could "sense" the old crib that was in storage, and she wanted to put little Brandon to bed in that! Never mind the lovely nursery in the main house!

There she was, at the bottom of the secret stairs, outside the wall where the door used to be, stamping her feet and throwing a hissy-fit! She finally just put the baby down on the ground and stamped around some more.

Luckily, Daddy came home, at which point she just left the baby there on the ground, and went to catch her ride home! Dad had to rescue little Brandon before he succumbed to the damp night air and took a chill!

No tip for you, Nanny Karen! No tip for YOU! In fact, as soon as the Twins hit puberty, you are OUTTA HERE!

4. Kimblee

Kimblee Hyperactive Goddess

I do not liek nannies...

They only get hired by my single parents.... and those normally get a nice spouse from the NPC stock very quickly. I have charming lil' simmies.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ooh! That nanny Karen :eek: I was playing my Jarvis fambly over the weekend and got the chance to find out what had happened to my own nanny Karen. (I have too many families to be honest ... summat's gonna have to give sooner or later. Real-time weeks had passed since I last visited chez Jarvis but a week or so ago I was loaded up another family where Nanny Karen was in attendance and being useless. She was hired solely to allow Vampire Mommy to sneak off to work for a quick promotion chance -- it worked and she went to work by day as well :) ... well she had to cos she was a science teacher :rolleyes:

Anyway Karen is down in the cellar being useless wanting to use the bowling lane only some mischevious so and so had dragged Jasmine's coffin over to block access to it (as a particularly feisty goddess I derive satisfaction from seeing the old bats get frustrated and also the route failure can occupy a substantial portion of a nanny's shift, which is a bonus cos when nanny is fuming over her inability to go bowling she's not waking baby up every five minutes ...). Suddenly she disappears and a message informs that Karen has died on another lot. :confused:

It came back to me when I loaded up the Jarvis'. Silly Nanny Karen had eschewed the more obvious pleasures at her employers' domicile when I last played that house. No she had made straight for Mookie and his tantalising slice of cake bait. Now cowplant victim ghosts are bad enough but a cowplant victim nanny ghost. Oh that's too delicious. I made a nice little ghost-escape-proof plinth for her tombstone and there she stands, all night, every night, shrieking her hollow ghoulish frustration into the uncaring night air. None of the Jarvis kids rolled a knowledge aspiration and the parents are both popularity so in death as in life, Nanny Karen continues to serve no useful purpose other than to give me cause for ribald laughter :p

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Well, I'll tell you one thing the ol' nanny is good for, and that is all the absolutely hysterical stories that people tell about her. :rotfl: That's two, so far. I'm really hoping there are more to come.

7. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

This is no hysterical story, but I always imagine my sims as being so realistic. It really throws it off when the nanny comes over and gets annoyed when a parent picks up the kid. Sometimes I hire a nanny because there are too many little ones at once, but one parent does still look after them with the help pf the nanny. it is absolutely impossible to teach a child to walk when the nanny is around. She will continue to try to get him a bottle and throw a stumping fit when she is unable to.

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I have found that playing the game requires a sense of humor. Will Wright and his staff did a pretty good job of making Sims2 more realistic but they definitely approached some things with big smiles on their faces, making fun of real life. :)

However, most nanny problems are, I think, just small programing conflicts that occur when we do something in the game that the writers didn't anticipate ('though I can't imagine why,) like having nanny and Mom home at the same time. Also, the nanny is just another sim with her own wants to fill, like eating jello or swimming in the family pool.

When my nanny got stuck in front of the crib it was when I had hired her to help a mom who had twins. I don't know what I did, but nanny short-circuited. :(

9. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Supposedly the newest patch fixes the nanny time glitch. I gave up on them, even as a stopgap, because I'd call and they'd show up when I got home, not when I left!!! Kiddies left alone, oy vey. I actually had to have a kid call his own nanny service and then I had two nannies.

I never use 'em unless I absolutely have to, like the time I forgot that mom's new promotion meant the twins would be home alone for one hour. Oops. And the game is so stupid. I had Holden call the nanny as soon as he got home from school. She showed up right away, thankfully, but then the game told me Raven shouldn't be left home alone. :confused:

Fortunately, they had very good grades so no ill befell them.

I've only had one good nanny experience. My very first sim mama was a single gal so she had to hire Callista. They became friends and raised a very nice, healthy daughter together.

Otherwise, nannies is evil, I tells you, evil.

10. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Oh Mirelly (she said, wiping tears of laughter from her face),

That story is TOO funny! I can see Nanny Karen now - or rather the LATE Nanny Karen - up there on her funereal plinth stamping her feet...Too TOO funny!

11. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I guess what I hate most about nannies is they basically neglect your child. Even my "good" nanny left little Atalanta lying in her crib most of the time. My sim parents are the kind of parents I was ... the baby's needs come first. Except for when it's sleeping it's constantly being cuddled, fed, bathed and changed. Many of my sim parents are best friends with the baby before it even becomes a toddler.

Of course, that goes a little too far when you've just put the baby down and some well-meaning other person picks it up again! :rolleyes: I usually have to find them something else to do so they'll let Junior get some shut-eye.

12. alphaspot

alphaspot New Member

I have never had to hire a nanny, but now i never will.After hearing this bad stuff about them.I have heard nannys were bad vut not this bad.

13. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

Hmmm. My nannies are pretty good. The only bad nanny? Well, actually my best nanny is my worst nanny. She's really good, gets bottles, cuddles, tickles, talks, gets the teddy etc, but sometimes she just won't leave the poor little blighter alone. I think her name is... Kendal. She's kinda pretty, about 3rd skin colour, and her hair is in a ponytail/bun with a chunk of hair on each side of her forehead. She's good because she doesn't neglect them.

Worst thing that ever happened? I forgot, but that Karen was pretty bad. My Legacy family hired her, and she spent all day playing chess while my toddler slept in the dirt (no floor at the time).