Troubleshooting -- suspected ATI issue.--game crashing...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jurellai, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Jurellai

Jurellai New Member

-- suspected ATI issue.--game crashing...

1) CPU (MHz/GHz) mobile Intel (R) Pentium (R) 4- M CPU 2.00 GHz 1.99GHz

2) RAM/Memory - How Much (MB/GB) 512mb

3) Free Hard Disk Space - 15.2 GB (after sims2 install)

4) Total Hard Disk Space- 27.9 GB

5) Graphic/Video Card - ATI mobility Radeon 9000

6) Graphic/Video Card Driver Version - (?) Bios info: BK-ATI VER008.006.009.003 Memory- 32 mb DACtype-- Internal DAC (350 MHz)

7) DirectX Version - 9.0 (what was on the sims dvd disc)

8) Operating System (Windows? Mac? Etc)Windows XP Proffesional

9) Sims 2 CD or DVD Version - DVD version

(hope that's what you need...- if not, ihave the Dxdiag file attatched...)

10) Nature of problem --I read through the other posts.... but was unable to find a problem like mine....
    The game works perfectly- until my sims do something monumental. Blue lights appear over their heads, and the game crashes.
    Upon rebooting, it gives me an error message about my ATI driver failing. However... ATI says they don't know what to do (isn't that peachy? they *designed* it....)
    So I don't know if getting the CD version would make it work... or if it's the computer itself...

Attached Files:

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Did you try upgrading your ATI Drivers?
    www.ati.com

3. Jurellai

Jurellai New Member

yes, There is no update, I spoke with ATI and with Dell because I have a laptop, ATI doens't do downloadable upgrades because the manufacturers customize them for built in flat screen display. And the tech support at Dell had no idea what to tell me.

4. Jurellai

Jurellai New Member

yes, There is no update, I spoke with ATI and with Dell because I have a laptop, ATI doens't do downloadable upgrades because the manufacturers customize them for built in flat screen display. And the tech support at Dell had no idea what to tell me.

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Hmm...news to me there.