Troubleshooting Technical help needed. OFB wont work

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jakethedane, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Technical help needed. OFB wont work

I have posted another thread about this, but I tried to edit the post and it didnt, this is the reason for this second post.

So I thought I would play for an hour or so, and behold! The game stopped loading! At the blue screen, just before you select the neighborhoos you wish to play, it just stops. You know it has that bar in the top, that loads? It needs one more to go, before the selcetions screen comes on.

Can anyone help me? Alle the files I have downloaded, have been approved, and I have played the game yesterday and today. The sooner the better:)

Thanks!

Oh, and I have NL, OFB and UNI. Loads of space on the harddisk

Now, I was thinking, that maybe the disc is broken and so my answer is: What happens, if I buy a new OFB game? Will it override the old one, and leave everything intact (I have a different folder for each expansion), or will it cause the entire game to crash, forcing me to start all over?

please I really need some ones help with this.

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Don't buy a new copy of OFB, Jake. Once installed, the game doesn't load from the disc. It just checks that the disc is real before the game starts to load. The problem you describe sounds like a graphics/directx error. To sort that out we'd need to see your dxdiag results.

Things for you to check:

graphics driver up to date?
    directx device installed an working

See the FAQs located in the Sims tab above the World Sims logo in the big blue bar above ... and I'm already tired of having to say that :rolleyes:

3. Jakethedane

Here are the information you need:

I have Microsoft Windows XP Home(5.1 build 2600)
    Processor is a AMD Athlon XP 2400+, MMX, 3DNow,~2.0 GH
    Memory 352 MB Ram(never been a problem)
    Direct X version 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    I have a GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU
    Approx. Memory 32 MB
    Driver: NV4_disp.dll
    version: 6.13.0010.4114 (english)
    Date: 10.03.2003.

I ran a diagnostic on the directdraw and the Direct3D. Nothing wrong. I will try to install the latest version of directx

4. Jakethedane

I installed the newest version of directx, and also updated my drivers. No change