The Hugzster is back!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by hugzncuddles, Mar 26, 2008.

1. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

The Hugzster is back!

FIVE WHOLE WEEKS!

That's how long my ISP has had a problem with the WorldSims server. That's how long (and I had no choice in the matter) I've been on my ISP's 'new, improved, better, all-shiny, new network'. That's how long I've been tearing my hair out on endless online live chats/ phone calls to member services, angry calls to second level technicians and then their managers, and doing lots of troubleshooting with Josh (so he could send the relevant data back to my ISP who refused to acknowledge they had a problem).

Finally after a lot of time gathering data and Josh communicating via email with my ISP's DNS engineers and then another branch of their company (who happened to have the same issue as me, lol), THEY FIXED THE PROBLEM!

Argh, talk about pulling hair out. But finally! They fixed it! And it's all down to Josh contacting the right people with the right data from my PC and being persistent.

So a HUGE THANK YOU to Josh! :bigthumbsup:

It feels great to be back! I've really missed being here every day and being part of the community.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]The last 5 weeks have also been eventful for another reason - I needed emergency surgery, and have been recovering from that (see my blog later for details, only my contacts and mods can read it). Only now do I feel like I'm able to do normal daily activities. I've been off work the whole time and now on Easter break for one more week. That should be enough time though for me to catch up on all the posts I've missed on WorldSims. :)

Oh yeah.... it's great to be back!!! :D :bouncy: :hyper:

2. sailorchiiavalon

sailorchiiavalon Addicted to Sims 2!

Welcome Hugzster :D

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Welcome back Hugzncuddles! Hope you're feeling better as well!

4. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Welcome back, Hugz. I was wondering where you'd got to.

5. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Welcome back Hugz. Oh what a pain with isp's.:mad:

I know what the other thing that happened. I hope you are feeling better now. Hugs from odin.:)

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Odin, you need to pop in more often too instead of the traditional once a month visit ;)

7. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

WHOO HOO!!! Hugsz is back!!!! Hugz, we need to catch each other online sometime this weekend now that you're back, if we're able to that is!

8. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Thanks for the welcome back guys! It's really good to be back! It's driven me insane seeing that error page everytime I've tried to access WorldSims for the last 5 weeks. Also with the evidence we had on the cmd log that pointed to a DNS issue, it was HIGHLY FRUSTRATING to hear my ISP tell me to:

* Clear temporary internet files and cookies :yawn:
    * Try again tomorrow :rolleyes:
    * Change the MTU settings on my router :bored:
    * Buy a new router :banghead:

And they were adamant that their ISP server could access WorldSims so therefore 'there is no problem'.

But thankfully, Josh contacted the right people and they finally admitted they had a DNS cache issue. My main thought was, why did it take them 5 weeks to LISTEN to their customers? Now I'm catching up with what I've missed! :p

Shana, I'll let you know when I can be online this weekend - at the moment, not sure of exact times but I'll PM you. :)

9. Odinmoon

Well Hugz, it takes five weeks to train a carrier pigeon. so they had to do that first and then send the pigeon all around to various departments, before they could find a fix. Now If you replaced the router, the pigeon would have definitely lost its way.:D

And Josh I will try to be here more than once a month. :rolleyes: :bouncy:

10. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

It's good to have you back, Hugz. :) Promise you won't leave us again? :p :)

11. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Lots of big hugs to Hugz from me... glad you're feeling better. periodically my internet service says my isp doesn't exist, too. Arrgh!

12. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

LOL!!! I can quite imagine that, actually. :p

John and suitemichelle - thanks for the welcome back! Believe me, I've no intention of leaving again. I had almost given up any hope of accessing WorldSims unless I changed my ISP, and was only delayed in doing so as I still have a ton of saved emails on the ISP email to retrieve off their server. I heard that some people who requested their Migration Authorisation Code from my particular ISP suddenly had their accounts terminated and email acct wiped - by 'accident' - despite the fact that you can have a free email account with them anyway. So I've been working my way through them and preparing to change my registration email on various websites/accounts just in case such a thing happens when I contact them to cancel my broadband subscription. For now though, I'm just glad to be back on WorldSims!

Regarding the op I had 4 and a half weeks ago - last night I did something really stupid. One of my incision cuts was itching and I rubbed against the dressing really hard, and didn't realise til later that I had burst the stitch open. So it had bled over my clothes and stuff, and the stitch was just hanging with the wound all open and raw. The main bigger incision has healed over finally, but the stitch that zig-zagged along the top of that one was supposed to drop off after the rest had dissolved inside and it hadn't. Today I went to hospital and they just removed all stitches, which feels a whole lot better. The small cut is still raw and sore though, so just need to let it heal over. But yikes, over 4 weeks and still healing. Seems kinda slow, lol.

Anyway, after getting that done, we went to an Italian restaurant for another delicious meal, then went looking at more sofas. All that sitting down/ getting up tired me out lol. I therefore nominate tomorrow as a simming day. :D :p

13. Odinmoon

Glad to hear you are healing well. Silly girl lol rubbing stiches on something forign :rolleyes: I lost a knitting needle in my leg cast once. I was so embarassed about telling doctors what I did. I had it there for a week.:eek:

14. muffin-tacos

LOL Moon! I always drop my knitting needles everywhere, but I've never dropped it in a cast before (maybe because I've never broken anything ;)).

I once dropped my pick in a guitar at school before, and I couldn't get it out! I left it in there. :eek: :D

15. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

LOL! I'd love to see that xray moon when they inspected the leg to see if it healed :p

Or the expression on your doctor's face :p

16. Odinmoon

Lol I had an itchy leg and had to use something to get down a full length cast.:nosleep: Anyway I painted A nice painting on my cast and the guy at the hospital told me he collects them and asked me for it.:eek: And yes I was blown up by doc. He told me earlier not to use things to scratch.:mad: And had to get someone to put a new one on.
    Well after 2 years wearing a cast. What can one do?:(

17. muffin-tacos

You wore it for two years? Yeah, that's gotta be bloody uncomfortable. Where did you have the cast?

18. Odinmoon

On my left leg. I hit a car with it at 100 kph with it. So it was shattered. I had 3 ops on it and steel plates put in and taken out. So for 2 years I had to wear a full length leg cast. This happened when I was 18. What a pain lol.

19. muffin-tacos

*winces* Ouch!! :eek: Seems like everything's happened to you, Moon. You can just check off the list of crazy things one can do in life.

Rode a bucking bull... Check.
    Got hit by car that was driving 100 kph but still servived... Check.
    Waterskiied 50 km on the ocean... Check.
    Dropped knitting needle in cast... Check.

You should write a book about all your adventures. I'm sure it would sell well. I'd buy it. :rolleyes:

20. Odinmoon

Lol I hit the car . Not it hit me. :eek: