Spore The OCEAN world!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by strillor, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Jakob

Jakob New Member

Re: dudes!!!

As far as I know, the offical statement was, that it would be released past March 2007 and wont see an E3 again, giving it a release span between April to Early May 2007.

2. Bonkywop

Bonkywop New Member

Hmph. It's not even remotely related to the topic anyway. Release date discussion resides here. Meanwhile, in on-topic-land, oooh, yes, concept art is pretty. Wait, this topic is months outdated now. Er... I'll leave it be then. *shuffles into horizon*

3. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

lol, underwater worlds, would be my number one most likely used worlds, amazing, need more information :shocked:

4. CoolCarlos1993

CoolCarlos1993 New Member

But why did Will Wright say "there are different kinds of vehicles including .... and submarines".

There would be no point in making submarines unless there was a city underwater.

5. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

And how...I'd love to make an underwater city with skyscrapers so tall they stuck about above the surface :love:

6. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

Well, you could use submarines to attack someone who was on an island, or near the water. Or make a new city on an island or a seperate peice of land.

But, I have some bad news for everyone. I just read a new interveiw with WR on IGN, and he said that the underwater cities may be cut out. However if it is cut out, it'll be in an expansion pack.

7. Gungnir

Gungnir New Member

Read the interview as well. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in other threads yet..but in the interview Wright confirms that you can have flying creatures! *wants to make a flying amphibious animal*

8. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

Ah, like a penguin, only it can fly out of water, too... Interesting.

9. Gungnir

Gungnir New Member

that just gave me an idea..flying ostriches!

But wouldn't it be difficult to simulate water? Unless your creature has fins, it would move MUCH slower in water because it's thicker than air. And water creatures probably don't NEED fins.

Hmm..think that there'll be like, 2 different types of speeds? land and water? Wait..flying creatures..so, 3 types of speeds. land, air, water.

10. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

I doubt, if there will be different speeds, that they'll be too different. But most likely it'll depend on the creature if there are different speeds.

I also doubt that you can have a flying/walking/swimming creature... What ever that's called.

11. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

Basically any of your aquatic fishing birds (loons, cormerants, pelicans...)

12. Gungnir

Gungnir New Member

Well..land animals go swimming, right? Tigers love to swim. Sure, they aren't the most agile creatures of water, but they swim. However, they're considered a "land animal". So..what do you think? If your creature is a land animal will it be able to swim to some degree? I sure hope so..

13. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

oh sure! I don't doubt swimming, the real question is about this topic: "living underwater through all six phases"

14. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

Right, I'm sure swimming will deffinately be in the game for land animals... Well, if your creature is able to swim anyway...

But You can't there through all six, the space phase would be in space. Unless you can, like I've stated before, put a water filled bubbled around your ship.