News The Sims 2 IKEA Stuff is now official

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Judhudson, May 2, 2008.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

The Sims 2 IKEA Stuff is now official

EA Store has their pre-order page up for their next Stuff Pack currently titled The Sims 2 Ikea Home Stuff. Set for a release of June 24, this pack will retail for $19.95.

As for the boxart on their page, it appears to be slapped together. I believe it is just a placeholder until the real boxart is completed.​

• [*]Turn your Sims living room into a haven of comfort and relaxation with a plush Ektorp sofa, a unique Expedit TV unit, a complementing Leksvik coffee table, and chic dcor, like the Vanna mirror.
      [*]Create a bold, vibrant, and revitalizing bedroom with a new Malm bed, matching chest of drawers, a shapely Storm floor lamp and a bright IKEA PS rug.
      [*]Indulge your Sims with an office that is sure to promote order and productivity with its elegant Vika Hyttan desk, inspiring Kila desk lamp, bold Helmer drawer unit, and Lack zigzag wallshelf.​

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Honestly, I'm not really looking forward to this SP much. I can download Ikea stuff off the net if I want. Do you know what I mean?

3. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Understood :)

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

One of the things they said about why they're putting out stuff packs is that they are primarily aimed at people who don't want to get things from a fansite. Sure, we can get things from fansites, but some people don't have good internet or their parents don't want them cruising the fansites looking for things to download. They'd rather get the stuff packs.

5. quirkysmirks

quirkysmirks New Member

Like me! My computer hates me, no matter how many times I replace the hard drive & wipe it clean, so I don't want to risk making things worse. IKEA is awesome, so I'm looking forward to this one, especially because we don't have a real IKEA where I live! =(

6. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Yes, well I kind of guessed that, and boy did I appreciate SPs before I discovered MTS2 and Raon sims, but I was just talking about my opinion on the SP. I think that this Ikea SP is a good idea -- if they make the furniture look good -- for people who don't have access to downloading sites. I just don't see much point in me buying it since I can just download similar things for free.