The sims 2 objects

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by blinkerz, Oct 14, 2004.

1. blinkerz

blinkerz New Member

The sims 2 objects

Does anyone have the sims 2 objects?
    If you have it please pm the address to me
    :smoker:

2. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

I don't know what objects you're referring to, but I assure you, if anyone knew of any new special objects, they'd have posted them publicly.

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Right now, only the official TS2 site has any objects.

What the object makers are waiting for is either the white papers explaining how to use Maya as the Maxis folk did, or a tool which takes the place of the TS1 transmorgrifier.

Maxis has said in the chats that they want to make a tool for objects which is "program independant". That is, that it won't require a specific 3D graphics program but, like Body Shop, can use a variety of programs to do the graphics work.

The objects in TS2 are much more complicated than the ones in TS1. In TS1 they only had to be seen from 4 directions (and many object makers cheated and had the same appearance on all the sides.) But TS2 is meant to be seen from *any* direction. The object's appearance is more like the clothing "skins" than anything else.

So, for now, only Maxis is making objects.

But that doesn't keep the rest of us from wishing we had a way to do it (or wishing that the talented computer artists out there had a way to do it.)

All we can do at this point is wait patiently. (Waiting impatiently only makes everyone around miserable and doesn't make the time pass any faster.)

4. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Isn't that the fun part, though? Misery loves company.

5. Cairo

Cairo New Member

Ahh...and the game came out only a month ago. Already we're screaming for more! Will there be no end to our neediness?! NEVAR! I want five expansion packs on my desk by tomorrow morning...or so help me...I will devour your first born...

6. KatAnubis

I got a kick out of one of the posts (I think on the World Sims list) where someone was complaining that Maxis hadn't given them everything that we had from TS1 already but was making us "start over". We've really gotten spoiled on this, especially since Maxis did give us Body Shop so that we can already download tons of clothes and the like. It makes us want the objects as well.

I hope that they at least get a Homecrafter-like program out, but I do know that I'm also looking forward to having new objects. (Especially having more colors for furniture. It's really hard trying to get certain "styles" such as Country French which is so heavily light colored but in the nicer/more expensive styles.)

7. deadman_4_life

deadman_4_life New Member

I'm wondering how do u use winzip cuz i can't figure it out and the tutorial is too complecated for me so can some1 tell me how in a very simple way i would like if u would tell me on msn. My email is max100535@hotmail.com . thanxs

8. eastbay

eastbay New Member

yeah it would be nice

The game kicks but ....but ..it does come up short in a few area's
    specialy the darn uploads for the game were the power is really at ..but i guess as time passes more and more will be available ...:)

9. KatAnubis

The new stuff will come in time. But there's already a ton of downloads which were made using Body Shop to make them available.

10. alphaspot

alphaspot New Member

2 YEARS AGO!I have barely a clue what you talking about.

11. KatAnubis

So you resurrected this old thread why?