The Sims 2 Online

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Blade770, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

The Sims 2 Online

I'm pretty sure this would be the right place to post this so if its not move it.

Since the new Sims 2 games are being made for the consoles I thought about online play. Now I am wondering if they will make it for PC and if they do what would it be like. Meaning will it be like the orignal Sims Online. Please post your thoughts.

2. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Considering the massive failure and moral vacuum that The Sims Online represents, I hope that Maxis and EA are smart enough to stay out of the online arena with TS2.

3. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

What was wrong with the first Sims Online? (I was definatly going to get it but I didn't have the money to pay monthly.)

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I don't think TSO was a complete failure. Just a partial success. If nothing was learned from it, then it can be a failure.

5. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

What was wrong with TSO?

6. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

This is true. One thing they did learn is that uncontrolled, unmonitored player interaction creates a whole mess of bad things.
    Aside from the players that harrassed and verbally raped others? The massive Simolean mills that exploited bugs to make game cash and sell it for real-world cash? The cyber-brothel run by a 14 year old girl that made her a heap real-world cash? Aside from that, I'd have to say nothing accept the bugs, the profane players, and the problems sharing or securing your own Sim goods.

7. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Oh I get it. People were mouthing off others or something else of the sort?

8. garyalexza

garyalexza New Member

Sims 2 Online ... Great, just thinking if mods would be allowed. If you could invite another Sim over and wall them in one of your rooms. Or feed them to the cowplant.

9. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

unfortunately rowanstaff, you see that in just about every online game out there. its not exclusive to just TSO.

and i would personally love to see a TS2O. at this point in time, TS2 almost perfectly matches TS1 at a similar point in its life regarding system requirements and whatnot. a fairly current computer with a half decent graphics card can play TS2 fairly well. im pretty sure that a slightly beffier system would handle TS2O without any issues.

bring it on Maxis!

10. DuzzyGirl

DuzzyGirl **sigh** Downloads ...

I played TS2O for a week or so, free trial. Luckily, I hadn't run into anyone rude or obnoxious as I my husband has on several of his PS2 online games. I liked that you could put things in your inventory and "carry" those items with you if/when you moved. I just made a decision to not carry that subscription and buy Sims2 instead. Pretty happy with that decision I might add. :D

11. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

EA has already told us on sims.stratics.com there are no plans for TSO2, additionally, All websites claming to be a Maxis website with registration for The Sims 2 Online are all fake.
    Also, that was no 14 year old girl...... They were 14, but not a girl....

12. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Okay, moving this to TSO forum. :)

13. Randomzero

Randomzero New Member

Well, I really don't like paying monthly fees Bar my Xbox Live. Its one of the reasons I hate MMOs (Can anyone say Lineage 2? Turbine shut it down after selling a poorly marketed Legions expansion offering no compensation for subscribers). Sure, it'd be fun, but theres like a VERY SMALL group of people who could place the original Sims 2 and Uni with settings cranked to max and Sims flying around. People would just make even more complaints about crappy performance.

14. Alex Salus

Alex Salus TSO addict

I play TSO, and I enjoy it. The quality of your gameplay is by the people you mix with. Most people on TSO are decent people.