Troubleshooting The Sims 2 System Requirements

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Jul 17, 2003.

1. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

You might be able to find out by right-clicking the icon that says "my computer" and then select "properties" and see if that tells you what you need to know. I mostly know what my computer has because it's all listed on the recipt from when we had it built. :p

2. katrina

katrina New Member

Thanks. I tried that and it said I have 192 MB of Ram. I'll need more won't I? How do I get new Ram?

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

To get new RAM you would need to go to a computer store that sells RAM, and you might need their help to figure out what kind of RAM you need to get. They will have different sizes of RAM for you to pick out your new RAM from. Sometimes they'll have to take out all the old RAM but sometimes there is room for them to just ADD the new RAM and then it really goes up because it is the TWO RAM chips together.

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

5. katrina

katrina New Member

thanks guys. i think i will probably need to look into getting more a bit closer to when sims2 comes out. if i uninstalled sims would that give me more ram for sims 2?

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

No, uninstalling stuff won't give you more RAM, think of your computer memory being like a puzzle, and RAM is like the size of the puzzle pieces that can be moved around. RAM stands for Random Access Memory, it is the size of a chunk of your memory your computer can deal with all at once. Your memory for STORING stuff is what gets cleared up when you uninstall programs, not your RAM which is memory for MOVING stuff. I hope this makes some sense. :)

7. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

i'll never understand this stuff lol

8. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

lol thats why u have a computer geek as a brother like i do.... my comp is awesome cuz of him :D:D

9. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

well my dad iz a computer consultant n he will know how to put ts2 on my comp n stuff

10. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

i wont have any p;roblems and if I do i can ask brother or dad.

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I have lots of computer tech friends so we keep bugging them about stuff we aren't figuring out... problem is half of them live out of town and we have to wait to show them stuff when they come down to visit! :p

12. lilfaeriegirl078

eh, ill still stick with my bro. hes close and convenient... just a room over!

13. FinalFantasy4ever

id stick w/ y bro but i hardly ever see him...if i wanna get up at 12.30 a sure hehe

14. lilfaeriegirl078

lol well he gets home from work at 1 soo thats be about what 4:00 ur time?

15. FinalFantasy4ever

umm i dunno?????? hehe its 7.21p here right now

16. katrina

katrina New Member

i wish i knew more about computers but every time I try to learn my brain switches off... :(

17. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

lol sumtimes me 2

18. katrina

katrina New Member

Maxis has a survey thing up to see what type of systems we have for sims2

19. katrina

katrina New Member

It wouldn't let me take it

20. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Where did you find their survey? Can you post a link to it? :)