News The Sims 3 Facebook Page has vanished (for now)

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Judhudson, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

The Sims 3 Facebook Page has vanished (for now)

[​IMG]

“EA’s not happy“​

The official facebook page of The Sims 3 has been inaccessible for the last few days and it has come to our attention that it may have been deactivated/deleted. As now the link to it doesn’t work, the page isn’t available and it’s basically*disappeared*from our profiles.​

I*experienced*this earlier today but I thought I might just be having some temporary problems.* Thanks to some research by InfiniteSims, it’s been “speculated” that the official facebook page of The Sims 3 may have breached the terms of Facebook (by promoting their page to be “liked” with competitions) and (probably) has been removed :O

Below you’ll find the information that InfiniteSims gathered up speculating the reason for the blackout.* First up, we have their (The Sims 3 team’s contest:(

Competition Extract [ Full Competition Info ]

Just invite a friend to Like our Fan Page and have them Attend this Event. Once they’ve been listed as Attendees, have them TAG YOU IN A WALL POST ON THE EVENT PAGE. Make sure you are Attending the Event as well.

Next, we have the rules of Facebook:

3. Safety
    1. You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes (“promotion”) on Facebook without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion, and will follow our Promotions Guidelines and all applicable laws. [ Extract from Facebook Promotion Terms ]

<blockquote>
    4.2 In the rules of the promotion, or otherwise, you will not condition entry to the promotion upon taking any action on Facebook, for example, updating a status, posting on a profile or Page, or uploading a photo.* You may, however, condition entry to the promotion upon becoming a fan of a Page. [

2. inevitablewilliam

inevitablewilliam New Member

Yeah i think now everybody will follow these guidelines to retain the SIMS page over facebook.